1.1.................... moves to amend H.F. No. 3158, the delete everything amendment
1.2(H3158DE1), as follows:
1.3Page 10, after line 9, insert:

1.4    "Sec. 12. Minnesota Statutes 2012, section 84.788, subdivision 2, is amended to read:
1.5    Subd. 2. Exemptions. Registration is not required for off-highway motorcycles:
1.6(1) owned and used by the United States, an Indian tribal government, the state,
1.7another state, or a political subdivision;
1.8(2) registered in another state or country that have not been within this state for
1.9more than 30 consecutive days; or
1.10(3) registered under chapter 168, when operated on forest roads to gain access to a
1.11state forest campground;
1.12(4) used exclusively in organized track racing events;
1.13(5) operated on state or grant-in-aid trails by a nonresident possessing a nonresident
1.14off-highway motorcycle state trail pass; or
1.15(6) operated by a person participating in an event for which the commissioner has
1.16issued a special use permit.

1.19    Subdivision 1. Pass required; fee. (a) A tribal member exempt from registration
1.20under section 84.788, subdivision 2, clause (2), or a nonresident, may not operate an
1.21off-highway motorcycle on a state or grant-in-aid off-highway motorcycle trail unless the
1.22operator carries a valid nonresident off-highway motorcycle state trail pass in immediate
1.23possession. The pass must be available for inspection by a peace officer, a conservation
1.24officer, or an employee designated under section 84.0835.
1.25(b) The commissioner of natural resources shall issue a pass upon application and
1.26payment of a $20 fee. The pass is valid from January 1 through December 31. Fees
2.1collected under this section, except for the issuing fee for licensing agents, shall be
2.2deposited in the state treasury and credited to the off-highway motorcycle account in
2.3the natural resources fund and, except for the electronic licensing system commission
2.4established by the commissioner under section 84.027, subdivision 15, must be used for
2.5grants-in-aid to counties and municipalities for off-highway motorcycle organizations to
2.6construct and maintain off-highway motorcycle trails and use areas.
2.7    (c) A nonresident off-highway motorcycle state trail pass is not required for:
2.8    (1) an off-highway motorcycle that is owned and used by the United States, another
2.9state, or a political subdivision thereof that is exempt from registration under section
2.1084.788, subdivision 2;
2.11    (2) a person operating an off-highway motorcycle only on the portion of a trail that
2.12is owned by the person or the person's spouse, child, or parent; or
2.13(3) a nonresident operating an off-highway motorcycle that is registered according
2.14to section 84.788.
2.15    Subd. 2. License agents. The commissioner may appoint agents to issue and sell
2.16nonresident off-highway motorcycle state trail passes. The commissioner may revoke the
2.17appointment of an agent at any time. The commissioner may adopt additional rules as
2.18provided in section 97A.485, subdivision 11. An agent shall observe all rules adopted
2.19by the commissioner for accounting and handling of passes pursuant to section 97A.485,
2.20subdivision 11
. An agent shall promptly deposit and remit all money received from the
2.21sale of the passes, exclusive of the issuing fee, to the commissioner.
2.22    Subd. 3. Issuance of passes. The commissioner and agents shall issue and sell
2.23nonresident off-highway motorcycle state trail passes. The commissioner shall also make
2.24the passes available through the electronic licensing system established under section
2.2584.027, subdivision 15.
2.26    Subd. 4. Agent's fee. In addition to the fee for a pass, an issuing fee of $1 per pass
2.27shall be charged. The issuing fee may be retained by the seller of the pass. Issuing fees
2.28for passes issued by the commissioner shall be deposited in the off-highway motorcycle
2.29account in the natural resources fund and retained for the operation of the electronic
2.30licensing system.
2.31    Subd. 5. Duplicate passes. The commissioner and agents shall issue a duplicate
2.32pass to persons whose pass is lost or destroyed using the process established under section
2.3397A.405, subdivision 3, and rules adopted thereunder. The fee for a duplicate nonresident
2.34off-highway motorcycle state trail pass is $2, with an issuing fee of 50 cents."
2.35Renumber the sections in sequence and correct the internal references
2.36Amend the title accordingly