Minnesota House of Representatives Photo and Digital Image Use Policy
House Public Information Services captures still images of people
and events primarily at the Minnesota House of Representatives and around the State Capitol complex.
Images are occasionally taken away from normal House gathering places (such as at the House state fair
exhibit). House photographers take requests from House members and staff only.
Published images are available via our nonpartisan online news and information products, including social media platforms.
Images may be downloaded or printed from a web browser for
personal use with the following limitations:
- The House retains copyright in perpetuity to its photographs and digital still images.
- Permission to use a photograph or digital image must be obtained in advance from House Public Information Services.
- The following credits must be used: Copyright Minnesota House of Representatives. Photo by (insert photographer's name).
- A photograph or image may not be digitally altered in any way, including cropping.
- A photograph or image may not be sold or used in any way for commercial purposes, including use on a website or on printed materials.
- A photograph or image may not be used to suggest endorsement by the Minnesota House of Representatives, its members or staff of a product, service, person, issue or cause.
For usage permission or more information call 651-296-1341, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Images may be downloaded from a web browser.
- High-resolution images are available.