Rep. Jamie Becker-Finn
State Office Building Room 5
1. HF 3309 (Frazier) Uniform Public Expression Protection Act proposed for adoption by the National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws enacted.
2. HF 3509 (Moller) Domestic abuse advocates prohibited from disclosing information.
3. HF 3589 (Agbaje) In rem jurisdiction clarified for judicial proceedings.
4. HF 3925 (Feist) Property insurance provided for grantee beneficiaries of transfer on death deeds; and technical, clarifying, and conforming changes to transfer on death deeds made.
5. HF 3607 (Finke) Public defender law modified, payment by defendant for public defender services removed, ad hoc Board of Public Defense removed, conditions of the positions of public defenders amended, and money appropriated.
6. HF 3483 (Feist) Guardian immunity amended, guardianship task force created, and report required.
Committee discussion of all bills will be limited to the provisions within the jurisdiction of the Judiciary Finance and Civil Law Committee. Items may be taken up in any order, items may be added or removed at the chair's discretion.
HANDOUTS: Handouts in Word or PDF format should be emailed to the committee administrator by 10am the business day before the hearing. Submitted written testimony is public and will be included in the official committee record. It will be posted to the committee webpage if received by deadline.
TESTIFYING: The number of testifiers and length of time permitted is at the discretion of the chair, and is subject to change. If you would like to testify, please email the committee administrator by 5pm the business day before the hearing.
DOCUMENTS: Meeting documents may be found on the Judiciary Finance and Civil Law webpage.
LIVESTREAM: This hearing may be viewed on the House webcast schedule page
. All video events are closed captioned with automatically generated captions.
ACCESSIBILITY: To learn more about requesting an accommodation, please visit the FAQs for Disability Access
or contact the LCC Accessibility Coordinator at email@example.com. To request legislative services for American Sign Language (ASL), Communication Access Realtime Translation (CART) closed captioning services, or live language interpretation services for Hmong, Somali, or Spanish speakers to testify, please contact the committee administrator as soon as possible.