I. Review of Dept. of Agriculture FY 21 Agricultural Growth, Research, and Innovation (AGRI) Program Report
- Ashley Bress, MDA, Ag Marketing & Development Division, Grants Team Supervisor
- Emily Mehr, MDA, Ag Marketing & Development Division, Senior Program Administrator
- Paul Hugunin, MDA, Ag Marketing & Development Division Director
II. HF3913 (Stephenson) Advanced biofuel, renewable chemical, and biomass thermal production incentive provisions modified, and money appropriated.
- Brendan Jordan, Great Plains Institute
- Rick Horton, Executive Vice President, Minnesota Forest Industries
III. HF4120 (Lippert) Farm-to-school grant funding increased, child care providers who purchase from local farmers reimbursement authorized, and money appropriated.
- Jami Rokala, Child Nutrition Services Manager, Tri-Valley Head Start, Crookston, MN
- John Peterson, Farmer, Owner at Ferndale Market, Cannon Falls, MN
- Rachel Doherty, Farm2School Coordinator, Mesabi East Environmental Education Center Manager, Mesabi East Schools
- Peter Skold, Waxwing Farm, Land Stewardship Project Member
IV. HF4166 (Anderson) Animal possession prohibition and requirement exemption modified.
- Joan Hemker, Hemker Park & Zoo
- John Seyaget
- Tammy Thies, Founder & Executive Director, The Wildcat Sanctuary
- Christine Coughlin, Minnesota State Director, Humane Society of the United States
- Tanya Smith, Founder, Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge
Other bills may be added
PUBLIC TESTIMONY: If you would like to sign up to testify, email Nancy.email@example.com
no later than 4:00 PM, Friday, March 18. Depending on the number of people who sign up, testimony may be limited to 2 minutes/per person. Please use the same email and deadline to submit written testimony (in PDF file format).
MEETING DOCUMENTS: Meeting documents will be posted on the House Agriculture Committee website at https://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/Committees/Home/92001
AMENDMENTS: Deadline for amendments is 4:00 PM, Friday, March 18.
This remote hearing may be viewed via the House webcast schedule page: https://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/htv/schedule.asp
All events are closed-captioned.
To provide feedback on digital accessibility of meeting information, please submit comments through the Minnesota Legislature Accessibility & Usability Comment Form
. If you require an accommodation, please contact John Howe at: John.Howe@house.mn
or by leaving a message at 651-296-3208. Please do not contact him with questions about the substance of the meeting agenda. To learn more about requesting an accommodation, please visit the FAQs for Disability Access
This remote hearing is taking place pursuant to Rule 10.01, which you may view here: https://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/cco/rules/permrule/permrule.asp