STATE OF MINNESOTA FORTY-THIRD MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-SECOND SESSION
Early Childhood Finance and Policy Division
Representative Dave Pinto, Chair of the Early Childhood Finance and Policy Division, called the virtual meeting to order at 8:30 AM on April 6, 2022 pursuant to House Rule 10.01. The meeting was conducted over Zoom and broadcast via House Public Information Services.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
PINTO, Dave, Chair PRYOR, Laurie, Vice Chair
FRANSON, Mary, Minority Lead BOLDON, Liz
DANIELS, Brian DAVNIE, Jim DEMUTH, Lisa JURGENS, Tony
KOTYZA-WITTHUHN, Carlie MORRISON, Kelly WAZLAWIK, Ami WOLGAMOTT, Dan
A quorum was present.
Vice-Chair Pryor moved the minutes of the committee meetings on April 5, 2022 be adopted. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
HF4735 DE Amendment (Pinto)
The following testified on Amendment HF4735 DE:
• Jodi Harpstead, Commissioner, Minnesota Department of Human Services
• Heather Mueller, Commissioner, Minnesota Department of Education
• Erin Bailey, Assistant Commissioner of the Children’s Cabinet, Minnesota Management and Budget
• Roger Sheldon, MD, Neonatologist, Co-Chair of the Early Childhood Working Group, Minnesota Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics
• Sheldon Berkowitz, MD, FAAP, President, Minnesota Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics, Clinical Medical Director & Physician Advisor, Children’s Minnesota
• Amanda Schillinger, Director, Pumpkin Patch Childcare and Learning Center in Burnsville
• Clare Sanford, Vice President of Government and Community Relations, Minnesota Child Care Association (MCCA)
• Sarah Strong-Belisle, Director of Government Affairs, Cook Girard Associates on behalf of Close Gaps by Five
• Kraig Gratke, Board Member, Minnesota Head Start Association
• Angie Thies, Child Wellbeing Policy Analyst, Association of Minnesota Counties (AMC)
• Kris Gabel, on behalf of the Minnesota Alliance of YMCAs and Kids Can’t Wait
• Nancy Jost, Co-Chair, Minnesota Prenatal to Three Coalition
The meeting adjourned at 9:15 AM.
Representative Dave Pinto, Chair
Hans Dosland, Committee Legislative Assistant