STATE OF MINNESOTA THIRTY-NINTH MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-SECOND SESSION
Environment and Natural Resources Finance and Policy
Representative Rick Hansen, Chair of the Environment and Natural Resources Finance and Policy Committee, called the virtual meeting to order at 1:00 P.M. February 17, 2022, pursuant to House rule 10.01. The meeting was conducted over Zoom and broadcast via House Public Information Services.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll
HANSEN, Rick (Chair)
WAZLAWIK, Ami (Vice Chair)
HEINTZEMAN, Josh (Lead)
A quorum was present.
Representative Nelson moved that the minutes of February 15. 2022, be adopted. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
Vice-Chair Wazlawik assumed the gavel at 1:02 P.M.
Representative Hansen moved that HF 2917 (Hansen) be laid over for possible inclusion in an omnibus bill.
Representative Hansen presented HF 2917, Lottery in lieu tax modified.
Testifying on HF 2917:
- Sarah Ciochetto, Deputy Director, St. Louis & Lake Counties Regional Railroad Authority.
- Al Bangoura, Superintendent, Minneapolis Parks and Recreation Board.
- Mike Verhoeven, Backcountry Hunters and Anglers Minnesota (BHA).
- Stephanie Pinkalla, Government Relations Manager, The Nature Conservancy.
- Dan Jambor, President, Pheasants Forever Ramsey County Chapter.
- Brian Rice, Minneapolis Parks and Recreation Board.
- Bob Meier, Assistant Commissioner, Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR).
Representative Hansen renewed his motion that HF 2917 be laid over for possible inclusion in an omnibus bill. The bill was laid over.
Chair Hansen assumed the gavel at 1:27 P.M.
Representative Fischer moved that HF 2908 (Fischer) be recommended to be re-referred to the Judiciary Finance and Civil Law Committee.
Representative Fischer presented HF 2908, Certified salt applicator program established, liability limited, and report required.
Testifying on HF 2908:
- Dr. Dale Gentry, Conservation Manager, Audubon Minnesota.
- Connie Fortin, Senior Project Manager, Bolton and Menck.
- Sue Nissen, Stop Over Salting (SOS).
- Nadia Alsadi, Water Policy Associate, Minnesota Center for Environmental Advocacy (MCEA).
- Dave Benke, Resource Management and Assistance Division Director, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA).
Representative Fischer renewed his motion that HF 2908 be recommended to be re-referred to the Judiciary Finance and Civil Law Committee.
Chair Hansen directed the clerk to take the roll on HF 2908.
There being 16 ayes, 0 nays and 3 excused, THE MOTION PREVAILED.
Chair Hansen adjourned the meeting at 2:03 P.M.
Chair of Environment and Natural Resources Finance and Policy
Committee Legislative Assistant