STATE OF MINNESOTA EIGHTH MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-SECOND SESSION
HEALTH FINANCE AND POLICY COMMITTEE
Representative Tina Liebling, Chair of the Division, called the virtual Health Finance and Policy Committee meeting to order at 3:00 P.M. on January 27, 2021 pursuant to House rule 10.01. The meeting is being broadcast via Zoom and House Public Information Services.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
LIEBLING, Tina, Chair
HUOT, John, Vice Chair
SCHOMACKER, Joe, Minority Lead
A quorum was present.
Representative Freiberg moved that the minutes of January 26, 2021 be approved. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
Overview of Governor Walz’s budget items that pertain to the Health Finance and Policy Committee.
Presenters from the Minnesota Department of Human Services:
1. Jodi Harpstead, Commissioner
2. Matt Anderson, Assistant Commissioner for Health Care and Medicaid Director
3. Gertrude Matemba-Mutasa, Assistant Commissioner for Community Supports
4. Kulani Moti, Inspector General
Presenters from the Minnesota Department of Health:
1. Margaret Kelly, Deputy Commissioner
2. Joshua Bunker, Chief Financial Officer
HF269 (Morrison) Psychology interjurisdictional compact created, and money appropriated.
Representative Morrison moved that HF269 be recommended to pass and be re-referred to the Committee on Judiciary Finance and Civil Law.
Representative Morrison presented her bill.
1. Sam Sands, Executive Director, Minnesota Board of Psychology
2. Dr. Trisha Clark, Legislative Committee Chair, Minnesota Psychological Association
Representative Morrison renewed her motion that HF269 be recommended to pass and be re-referred to the Committee on Judiciary and Civil Law.
Chair Liebling stated there would be a roll call vote. The results were as follows:
On a vote of 19 AYES and 0 NAYS THE MOTION PREVAILED.
The meeting was adjourned at 4:27 P.M.
Representative Tina Liebling, Chair
Krysta Niedernhöfer, Committee Legislative Assistant