STATE OF MINNESOTA FIFTY-FOURTH MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-SECOND SESSION
HEALTH FINANCE AND POLICY COMMITTEE
Representative Tina Liebling, Chair of the Committee, called the virtual Health Finance and Policy Committee meeting to order at 1:00 P.M. on March 7, 2022 pursuant to House rule 10.01. The meeting is being broadcast via Zoom and House Public Information Services.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
LIEBLING, Tina, Chair
HUOT, John, Vice Chair
SCHOMACKER, Joe, Minority Lead
A quorum was present.
Representative Bahner moved that the minutes of March 2, 2022 be approved. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
HF2743 (Becker-Finn) Psychologist, counselor, therapist, and social worker supervision requirements modified.
Chair Liebling moved that HF2743 be laid over for possible inclusion in the Health Finance and Policy Committee bill.
Chair Liebling moved the H2743A1 Amendment. THE MOTION PREVAILED AND THE AMENDMENT WAS ADOPTED.
Representative Becker-Finn presented her bill as amended.
1. Tashina Branchaud, Licensed Alcohol & Drug Counselor (LADC) and Licensed Social Worker
2. Jill Lee-Hubble, Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor and LADC
3. Rebecca Hoffman, Associate Professor of Social Work & Department Chair, Bemidji State University
Chair Liebling laid over HF2743, as amended, for possible inclusion in the Committee bill.
HF 3560 (Her) Specialty and guest dentist licensure requirements modified, license and registration certificate display and procedure requirements modified, dental therapy licensure by credentials provided, application and initial fees modified, and civil penalties provided.
Chair Liebling moved that HF3560 be laid over for possible inclusion in the Health Finance and Policy Committee bill.
Chair Liebling moved the H3560A1 Amendment. THE MOTION PREVAILED AND THE AMENDMENT WAS ADOPTED.
Representative Her explained her bill as amended.
1. Bridgett Anderson, Executive Director, Minnesota Board of Dentistry
Chair Liebling laid over HF3560, as amended, for possible inclusion in the Committee bill.
At 1:21 P.M. Chair Liebling recessed the Committee until 1:45 P.M.
At 1:45 P.M. Chair Liebling reconvened the Committee.
HF3099 (Bennett) Podiatrist licensure requirement modified.
Chair Liebling moved that HF3099 be laid over for possible inclusion in the Health Finance and Policy Committee bill.
Representative Bennett explained her bill.
1. Dr. Bill Buege, Albert Lea Heathcare Coalition
2. Dr. Edward Henrich, Podiatrist, MercyOne Clinic
Chair Liebling laid over HF3099 for possible inclusion in the Committee bill.
HF1888 (Huot) Mortuary science; unlicensed individuals authorized to perform functions.
Vice Chair Huot moved that HF1888 be laid over for possible inclusion in the Health Finance and Policy Committee bill.
Vice Chair Huot moved the H1888A1 Amendment. THE MOTION PREVAILED AND THE AMENDMENT WAS ADOPTED.
Vice Chair Huot presented his bill as amended.
1. Todd Anderson, Owner, Johnson Williams Funeral Car Service
2. Dwane Wills, Vice President, Foundation Partners Group - North Region
3. Paul Maher, Owner, Cremation & Trade Services, Inc.
4. Brian Dingmann, Funeral Director and Owner, Dingmann Funeral Care Burial and Cremation Services
5. Zach Iten, Student, University of Minnesota
Debbie Thao, Regional Operations Supervisor, Health Occupation Program & Mortuary Science Section, Health Regulation Division, Minnesota Department of Health, responded to member questions.
Chair Liebling laid over HF1888, as amended, for possible inclusion in the Committee bill.
The meeting was adjourned at 2:25 P.M.
Representative Tina Liebling, Chair
Krysta Niedernhöfer, Committee Legislative Assistant