STATE OF MINNESOTA SIXTY-FIFTH MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-SECOND SESSION
HEALTH FINANCE AND POLICY COMMITTEE
Representative Tina Liebling, Chair of the Committee, called the virtual Health Finance and Policy Committee meeting to order at 1:00 P.M. on March 28, 2022 pursuant to House rule 10.01. The meeting is being broadcast via Zoom and House Public Information Services.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
LIEBLING, Tina, Chair
HUOT, John, Vice Chair
SCHOMACKER, Joe, Minority Lead
A quorum was present.
Representative Demuth moved that the minutes of March 22, 2022 be approved. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
Representative Bahner moved that the minutes of March 23, 2022 be approved. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
INFORMATIONAL ONLY - HF4398 (Liebling) State agencies and departments; various provisions modified relating to Department of Health, water supply systems and wastewater treatment facilities, education and loan forgiveness, law enforcement, and drug overdose and substance use; reports required; and money appropriated.
Chair Liebling explained her bill along with the H4398A1 Amendment.
1. Jan Malcolm, Commissioner, Minnesota Department of Health (MDH)
2. Robert Haider, Policy Director, TakeActionMN
3. Alana Stimes, Director of Program Development, Ampact
4. Anna Mueller, Clinical Director, Minnesota Visiting Nurse Agency, Hennepin Healthcare
5. Sara McCumber, President, Minnesota Nurse Practitioners Association
6. Leo Cashman, Executive Director, Dental Amalgam Mercury Solutions
7. Maren Hulden, Attorney, Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid
8. Mary Krinkie, Vice President, Government Relations, Minnesota Hospital Association
Margaret Kelly, Deputy Commissioner, MDH, responded to member questions.
INFORMATIONAL ONLY - HF4576 (Liebling) Opioid crisis response, health care, and health insurance access governing provisions modified; forecast adjustments made; reports required; money transferred; technical and conforming changes made; fund allocated; grants established; and money appropriated.
Chair Liebling explained her bill.
1. Jodi Harpstead, Commissioner, Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS)
2. Cynthia MacDonald, Assistant Commissioner, Health Care Administration, DHS, and State Medicaid Director
3. Ann Bobst, Director of Legislative and External Affairs, Health Care Administration, DHS
4. Kristy Graume, Director of Legislative and External Affairs, Community Supports Administration, DHS
5. Nate Clark, Chief Executive Officer, MNsure
6. Megan Halena, Program Director, Generations Health Care Initiatives
7. Perla Ramos Rodriguez, Organizer, Unidos Minnesota
8. Robert Haider, Policy Director, TakeActionMN
9. Maren Hulden, Attorney, Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid
10. Mary Krinkie, Vice President, Government Relations, Minnesota Hospital Association
The meeting was adjourned at 2:23 P.M.
Representative Tina Liebling, Chair
Krysta Niedernhöfer, Committee Legislative Assistant