STATE OF MINNESOTA THIRTY-EIGHTH MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-SECOND SESSION
HOUSING FINANCE AND POLICY COMMITTEE
Representative Hausman, Chair of the Housing Finance and Policy Committee, called the virtual meeting to order at 10:30 A.M. on April 5, 2022 pursuant to House rule 10.01. The meeting was conducted over Zoom and broadcast via House Public Information Services.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
HAUSMAN, Alice (Chair)
HOWARD, Michael (Vice Chair)
THEIS, Tama (GOP Lead)
A quorum was present.
Representative HOWARD moved to approve the minutes from March 31, 2022. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
Informational hearing on HF4376(Hausman); Governor's supplemental housing budget funding provided, Minnesota Housing Finance Agency funding provided, housing income discrimination investigation by Department of Human Rights funding provided, community stabilization housing program established, and strengthening supportive housing model program established.
Minnesota House of Representatives non-partisan staff provided an overview of the HF4376 DE2 Amendment, the Housing Finance and Policy omnibus bill.
- Joe Harney: Fiscal Analyst, House Fiscal Analysis Department
- Justin Cope: Legislative Analyst, House Research Department
- Mary Mullen: Legislative Analyst, House Research Department
Members of the public provided feedback on the HF4376 DE2 Amendment, the Housing Finance and Policy omnibus bill.
- Ryan Baumtrog: Assistant Commissioner, Minnesota Housing
- Dr. Eric Anthony Johnson: President and CEO, Aeon
- Jeff Washburne: Executive Director, City of Lakes Community Land Trust
- Anne Mavity: Executive Director, Minnesota Housing Partnership
- Kathy Wetzel-Mastel: Executive Director, PRG, Inc.; Co-Chair, Homeownership Minnesota Coalition
- Annie Shapiro: Advocacy Director, Minnesota Community Action Partnership; Policy Co-Chair, Homes for All Coalition
- Seanne Thomas: Broker, ABC Realty
- Greta Gaetz: Policy and Advocacy Senior Manager, Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity
- Julie Gugin: President, Minnesota Homeownership Center
- Kyle Berndt: Director of Public Policy, Minnesota Multi Housing Association
- Tiffani Daniels: Managing Director, Minnesota Business Coalition for Racial Equity
- Kizzy Downie: CEO, Model Cities
- Julia Burkstellar: Public Policy Director, The Arc Minnesota
- Mike Vraa: Managing Attorney and Hotline Director, HOME Line
- Sue Watlov Phillips: Executive Director, Metropolitan Interfaith Council on Affordable Housing
- Charlie Vander Aarde: Government Relations Specialist, Association of Metropolitan Municipalities (Metro Cities)
- Daniel Lightfoot: Intergovernmental Relations Representative, League of Minnesota Cities
The meeting was adjourned at 11:42 A.M.
Representative Alice Hausman, Chair
Katie Hirsch, CLA