STATE OF MINNESOTA NINTH MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-THIRD SESSION
CLIMATE AND ENERGY FINANCE AND POLICY MINUTES
Representative Patty Acomb, Chair of the Committee on Climate and Energy Finance and Policy, called the meeting to order at 3:00 PM on February 1, 2023 in Room 200 of the State Office Building.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
ACOMB, Patty, Chair
KRAFT, Larry, Vice Chair
SWEDZINSKI, Chris, Republican Lead
A quorum was present.
Representative Kraft moved that the minutes from January 31, 2023, be adopted. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
HF 747 (Reyer); Program established to award grants for installation of solar energy generating systems on public buildings, report required, and money appropriated.
Chair Acomb moved that HF 747 be laid over.
Chair Acomb moved the A5 Amendment to HF 747. THE MOTION PREVAILED; THE AMENDMENT WAS ADOPTED.
Representative Reyer presented HF 747 as amended.
• Logan O’ Grady, Executive Director, Minnesota Solar Energy Industry Association (MnSEIA)
• Jon Kelly, Director of Government Affairs, Minnesota Department of Commerce
• Braden Solum, Vice President for Business Development, iDEAL Energies
• Mike Supina, Councilmember, Eagan
• Isabel Ricker, Clean Electricity Director, Fresh Energy
• Aurora Vautrin, Legislative Director, 100% Campaign
Chair Acomb renewed the motion that HF 797 as amended be laid over.
HF 772 (Kraft); State Building Code; energy code for new commercial building adoption process modified.
Representative Kraft moved that HF 772 be re-referred to the Committee on Labor and Industry.
Representative Kraft moved the DE1 Amendment to HF 772. THE MOTION PREVAILED; THE AMENDMENT WAS ADOPTED.
Representative Kraft presented HF 772 as amended.
• Kate Perushek, Deputy Commissioner, Department of Labor and Industry
• Joe Dammel, Managing Director for Buildings, Fresh Energy
• Brian Hoffman, Building and Energy Director, City of St. Louis Park
• Tate Walker, Director of Sustainability, OPN Architects; Minnesota Chapter of the American Institute of Architects (AIA)
• Scott McLellan, Director of State Building Codes and Licensing, Department of Labor and Industry
Representative Kraft renewed the motion that HF 772 as amended be re-referred to the
Committee on Labor and Industry Policy.
Representative O’Neill requested a roll call vote.
The clerk took the roll on HF 772 as amended.
HEMMINGSEN- JAEGER, Amanda
There being 9 AYES, 5 NAYS, and 3 EXCUSED, THE MOTION PREVAILED.
The meeting was adjourned at 4:30 PM.
Representative Patty Acomb, Chair
Chelsea Ray, Committee Legislative Assistant