STATE OF MINNESOTA NINTH MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-THIRD SESSION
ENVIRONMENT AND NATURAL RESOURCES
POLICY AND FINANCE MINUTES
Representative Hansen, Chair of the Environment and Natural Resources Finance and Policy Committee, called the meeting to order at 3:00 P.M. on Wednesday, February 8, 2023, in Room 10 of the State Office Building.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
HANSEN, Rick (Chair)
JORDAN, Sydney (Vice Chair)
HEINTZEMAN, Josh (GOP Lead)
A quorum was present.
Representative FISCHER moved to approve the minutes from Wednesday, February 1, 2023. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
HF24 (Jordan); Authority modified to ensure safe drinking water, drinking water revolving fund provisions modified, grant program established to replace lead drinking water service lines, grant program established for mapping lead service lines, report required, and money appropriated.
Representative JORDAN moved that HF24 be re-referred to the Committee on Capital Investment.
Representative HANSEN moved to adopt the A3 amendment. THE MOTION PREVAILED. THE AMENDMENT WAS ADOPTED.
Representative Jordan presented HF24, as amended.
Testifying on the bill:
- John Thorsen, Legislative Director and Political Coordinator, Laborer’s International Union of North America
- Patrick Shea, General Manager, St. Paul Regional Water Services
- Carly Griffith, Water Program Director, Minnesota Center for Environmental Advocacy
- Erik Simonson, Lobbyist, Coalition of Greater Minnesota Cities
- Jeff Freeman, Executive Director, Public Facilities Authority
- Chad Kolstad, Drinking Water Revolving Fund Program Coordinator, Minnesota Department of Health
Representative JORDAN renewed the motion that HF24, as amended, be re-referred to the Committee on Capital Investment. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
HF1202 (Becker-Finn); Animal health; data classified, owners of farmed Cervidae requirements modified, registrations prohibited, civil liability established, federal fund disposition modified, live-animal testing for chronic wasting disease required, Board of Animal Health duties transferred to commissioner of natural resources, and money appropriated.
Representative HANSEN moved that HF1202 be re-referred to the Committee on Agriculture Finance and Policy.
Representative HANSEN moved to adopt the A2 amendment. THE MOTION PREVAILED. THE AMENDMENT WAS ADOPTED.
Representative Becker-Finn presented HF1202, as amended.
Testifying on the bill:
- Patrick Boyle, Chair, St. Louis County Board of Commissioners
- Tim Spreck, Lobbyist, Minnesota Deer Farmers Association
- Erik Simonson, Lobbyist, Minnesota Deer Hunters Association
- Tony Kwilas, Lobbyist, Elk Breeders Association
- Scott Fier, President, Minnesota Deer Farmers Association
- Deb Holtaus, Member, Minnesota Deer Farmers Association
- Jon Zanmiller, Director of Community and Government Affairs, Bluffland White Tail Association and Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) Action Coalition
Representative HANSEN renewed the motion that HF1202, as amended, be re-referred to the Committee on Agriculture Finance and Policy. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
Representative Jordan assumed the gavel at 4:25 P.M.
HF722 (Hansen); Conservation reserve program state incentives funding provided, and money appropriated.
Representative HANSEN moved that HF722 be re-referred to the Committee on Ways and Means.
Representative Hansen presented HF722.
Representative HANSEN renewed the motion that HF722 be re-referred to the Committee on Ways and Means. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
The meeting was adjourned at 4:31 P.M.
Representative Rick Hansen, Chair
Samuel O’Neill, Committee Legislative Assistant