STATE OF MINNESOTA ELEVENTH MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-THIRD SESSION
ENVIRONMENT AND NATURAL RESOURCES
POLICY AND FINANCE MINUTES
Representative Hansen, Chair of the Environment and Natural Resources Finance and Policy Committee, called the meeting to order at 3:00 P.M. on Wednesday, February 15, 2023, in Room 10 of the State Office Building.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
HANSEN, Rick (Chair)
JORDAN, Sydney (Vice Chair)
HEINTZEMAN, Josh (GOP Lead)
A quorum was present.
Representative Burkel moved to approve the minutes from Tuesday, February 14, 2023. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
HF462 (Bierman); Minnesota Zoological Garden funding provided, and money appropriated.
Chair Hansen moved that HF462 be laid over for possible inclusion in the Environment and Natural Resources Finance and Policy omnibus bill.
Chair Hansen moved to adopt the DE1 amendment. THE MOTION PREVAILED. THE AMENDMENT WAS ADOPTED.
Representative Bierman presented HF462, as amended.
Testifying on the bill:
- John Frawley, Director, Minnesota Zoo
- Abigail Mosher, Chief Operating Officer, Minnesota Zoo
Chair Hansen renewed the motion that HF462, as amended, be laid over for possible inclusion in the Environment and Natural Resources Finance and Policy omnibus bill. The bill was laid over.
Presentation of Governor Tim Walz’s Budget Recommendations for the Board of Water and Soil Resources.
- John Jashcke, Director, Board of Water and Soil Resources
- Andrea Fish, Assistant Director, Board of Water and Soil Resources
Presentation of Governor Tim Walz’s Budget Recommendations for the Metropolitan Council.
- LisaBeth Barajas, Community Development Director, Metropolitan Council
- Judy Sventek, Surface Water Management Director, Metropolitan Council
Presentation of Governor Tim Walz’s Budget Recommendations for the Science Museum of Minnesota.
- Alison Brown, President and Chief Executive Office, Science Museum of Minnesota
- Jon Severson, Director of Government Relations, Science Museum of Minnesota
The meeting was adjourned at 4:34 P.M.
Representative Rick Hansen, Chair
Samuel O’Neill, Committee Legislative Assistant