STATE OF MINNESOTA TWENTY-FIRST MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-THIRD SESSION
ENVIRONMENT AND NATURAL RESOURCES
FINANCE AND POLICY MINUTES
Representative Sydney Jordan, Vice Chair of the Environment and Natural Resources Finance and Policy Committee, called the meeting to order at 3:00 P.M. on Tuesday, March 28, 2023, in Room 10 of the State Office Building.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
HANSEN, Rick (Chair)
JORDAN, Sydney (Vice Chair)
HEINTZEMAN, Josh (GOP Lead)
A quorum was present.
Representative Lee moved to approve the minutes from Wednesday, March 22, 2023. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
HF2310 (Hansen); Environmental and natural resources funding provided, utilities license and permit provisions modified, commissioner's duties modified, disposition of receipts modified, fees modified and provided, water and soil conservation provisions modified, requirements to notify of water pollution modified, waste management assistance provisions modified, environmental stewardship and grant programs modified, environmental justice considerations provided in permitting, lead and cadmium prohibited in consumer products, reports requirements modified, reports required, rulemaking required, and money appropriated.
Chair Hansen presented HF2310 and the DE1 amendment.
House Nonpartisan Staff provided an informational overview and walkthrough of the DE1 amendment.
Testifying on the bill:
• Sarah Strommen, Commissioner, Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
• John Jaschke, Executive Director, Minnesota Board of Water and Soil Resources
• Tom Johnson, Government Relations Director, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
• Jon Severson, Director of Strategic Partnerships and Government Relations, Science Museum of Minnesota
• Lucas Franco, Research Manager, Laborers’ International Union of North America (LIUNA), Minnesota and North Dakota
• Doug Carnival, Lobbyist, National Waste and Recycling Association; Lobbyist, Minnesota Irrigators Association
• Tony Kwilas, Director of Environmental Policy, Minnesota Chamber of Commerce
• Brian Martinson, Environment and Natural Resources Policy Analyst, Association of Minnesota Counties
• Kaytlin Bemis, Public Policy Specialist, Minnesota Farm Bureau Federation
• Chris Cowen, Lobbyist, Pesticide Action Network
• Rick Horton, Executive Vice President, Minnesota Forest Industries
• Patrick Murray, Executive Director, Minnesota Crop Production Retailers
• Ashley Runholt, Agronomy Sales Manager, Cottonwood Oil Cooperative; Advisory Board Member, Minnesota Crop Production Retailers
• Kyle Makarios, Lobbyist, Mining Minnesota
• Doug Franzen, Lobbyist, Minnesota United Snowmobilers Association
• Kristopher Lencowski, Director of Park Operations, Ramsey County Parks and Trails
• Andrew Duerr, Lobbyist, Minnesota Pork Producers Association; Lobbyist, Minnesota Biodiesel Council
• Brenda Hartopf, Office Manager, North American Elk Breeders Association
The meeting was adjourned at 4:27 P.M.
Representative Rick Hansen, Chair
Sam O’Neill, Committee Legislative Assistant