STATE OF MINNESOTA FIFTH MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-THIRD SESSION
HEALTH FINANCE AND POLICY COMMITTEE
Representative Liebling, Chair of the Committee, called the meeting to order at 10:30 A.M. on January 19, 2023 in Room 5 of the State Office Building.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
LIEBLING, Tina, Chair
BIERMAN, Robert, Vice-Chair
SCHOMACKER, Joe, Lead Republican
HER, Kaohly Vang
NEU BRINDLEY, Anne
A quorum was present.
Representative Bierman moved that the minutes of January 17, 2023 be approved. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
HF289 (Olson) Grant program modified to support pregnant people in carrying their pregnancies to term and new parents caring for babies after birth.
Chair Liebling moved that HF289 be laid over for possible inclusion in the Health Finance and Policy Committee bill.
Chair Liebling moved the H0289A1 Amendment. THE MOTION PREVAILED AND THE AMENDMENT WAS ADOPTED.
Representative Olson presented her bill as amended.
1. Megan Peterson, Executive Director, Gender Justice
2. Lynesha Caron, Executive Director, Pregnancy Choices
3. Paulina Briggs, Lab Supervisor and Patient Educator, WE Health Clinic
4. Jill King, Executive Director, Lakes Life Care Center
5. Jill Collins, Patient Advocate and Health Educator, Robbinsdale Clinic
6. Jennifer Meyer, Executive Director, Options for Women East
7. Dr. Anna Hing, Public Health Researcher, University of Minnesota Center for Antiracism Research for Health Equity
8. Deborah Juda, Registered Nurse
9. Abena Abraham, Co-Director, Black Immigrant Collective
Responding to member questions:
1. Randall Chun, House Research Analyst
2. Joe Harney, House Fiscal Analyst
3. Noya Woodrich, Division Director, Child and Family Health, Minnesota Department of Health.
Chair Liebling laid over HF289, as amended, for possible inclusion in the Committee bill.
HF279 (Her) Dentistry mailing list service fee added, and corrections made to dentistry licensing requirements.
Representative Her moved that HF279 be recommended to be placed on the General Register.
Representative Her explained her bill.
Representative Her renewed her motion that HF279 be recommended to be placed on the General Register. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
The meeting was adjourned at 11:49 A.M.
Representative Tina Liebling, Chair
Krysta Niedernhöfer, Committee Legislative Assistant