STATE OF MINNESOTA FIRST MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-THIRD SESSION
JOINT EDUCATION FINANCE AND HIGHER EDUCATION FINANCE AND POLICY COMMITTEE MINUTES
Representative Cheryl Youakim, Chair of the Education Finance Committee, called the joint meeting of the Education Finance Committee and the Higher Education Finance and Policy Committee to order at 10:30 AM on February 14, 2023, in Room 120 of the Capitol Building.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
Education Finance Members Present:
YOUAKIM, Cheryl, Chair
CLARDY, Mary Frances, Vice Chair
KRESHA, Ron, Republican Lead
PEREZ-VEGA, María Isa
Education Finance Members Excused:
Higher Education Finance and Policy Members Present:
PELOWSKI, Gene, Chair
WOLGAMOTT, Dan, Vice Chair
O’NEILL, Marion, Republican Lead
A quorum was present.
Presentation from the Minnesota House Research Department.
• Nathan Hopkins, House Research Analyst, Minnesota House Research Department
Presentation from Minnesota Department of Education.
• Sally Reynolds, Director of Career and College Success, Minnesota Department of Education
• Tyler Livingston, Supervisor of Educator Workforce Programs, Minnesota Department of Education
• Megan Arriola, Legislative Coordinator, Minnesota Department of Education
Presentation from the Burnsville-Eagan-Savage School District.
• Dr. Theresa Battle, Superintendent, Burnsville-Eagan-Savage
• Dr. Kathy Funston, Director of Strategic Partnerships, Burnsville-Eagan-Savage
Chair Pelowski assumed the gavel at 11:16 AM.
Presentation from the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce.
• Krista Jech, President, Lakeville Area Chamber of Commerce
• Nort Johnson, President, Faribault Area Chamber of Commerce and Tourism
• Lauryn Schothorst, Director of Workplace Management & Workforce Development, Minnesota Chamber of Commerce
Presentation from Winona State University and Minnesota State College Southeast.
• Scott Olson, President, Winona State University
• Marsha Danielson, President, Minnesota State College Southeast
• Peter Johnson, Professor, Winona State University
The meeting was adjourned at 12:00 PM.
Representative Gene Pelowski, Chair
Alayna Smieja, Committee Legislative Assistant