1. HF 2322 (Pinto) Children's cabinet modified; Department of Children, Youth, and Families established; responsibilities of Department of Education, Department of Human Services, and Department of Public Safety transferred to Department of Children, Youth, and Families; reports required; rulemaking authorized; and money appropriated.
2. HF 1691 (Jordan) Public labor relations modified, and teacher probationary period requirements modified.
3. HF 23 (Wolgamott) Safe workplaces for meat and poultry processing workers provided, report required, and money appropriated.
4. HF 2280 (Finke) Gender-Affirming Rights Act created.
5. HF 1056 (Edelson) Sexual harassment or abuse settlements as severance payment prohibited, and state income tax subtraction allowed for damages received.
6. HF 822 (Curran) County and local authorities authorized to share data with POST Board when board has ordered investigation into peace officer misconduct.
7. HF 823 (Curran) Law enforcement agencies authorized to share criminal history background check data with Minnesota Board of Peace Officer Standards and Training.
Committee discussion of all bills will be limited to the provisions within the jurisdiction of the Judiciary Finance and Civil Law Committee. Items may be taken up in any order, items may be added or removed at the Chairs' discretion.
HANDOUTS: Handouts in Word or PDF format should be emailed to the committee administrator by 10am the business day before the hearing. Submitted written testimony is public and will be included in the official committee record. It will be posted to the committee webpage if received by deadline.
TESTIFYING: The number of testifiers and length of time permitted is at the discretion of the chair, and is subject to change. If you would like to testify, please email the committee administrator by 5pm the business day before the hearing.
DOCUMENTS: Meeting documents may be found on the Judiciary Finance and Civil Law webpage.
ACCESSIBILITY: To learn more about requesting an accommodation, please visit the FAQs for Disability Access
. If you have further questions on accommodations or accessibility, please contact the Committee Administrator.