STATE OF MINNESOTA
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVE SECOND MEETING
EDUCATION POLICY COMMITTEE MINUTES
Representative Laurie Pryor, Chair of the Committee on Education Policy, called the meeting to order at 3:01 PM on January 10, 2023 in Room 120 of the Capitol.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
PRYOR, Laurie, Chair
HILL, Josiah, Vice Chair
BENNETT, Peggy, Republican Lead
A quorum was present.
Vice Chair Hill moved to approve the minutes from January 4, 2023. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
Chair Pryor recessed the meeting at 3:04 PM, due to technical difficulties.
Chair Pryor reconvened the meeting at 3:10 PM.
Presentation from the Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) providing an overview of their department:
• Willie Jett, Commissioner, MDE
• Stephanie Burrage, Deputy Commissioner, MDE
• Bobbie Burnham, Assistant Commissioner, MDE
• Stephanie Graff, Assistant Commissioner, MDE
• Daron Korte, Assistant Commissioner, MDE
• Denise Anderson, Chief Financial Officer, MDE
Presentation from the Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board (PELSB) providing an overview of their department:
• Yelena Baily, Interim Executive Director, PELSB
• Michelle Hersh Vaught J.D, Rulemaking Attorney, PELSB
The meeting was adjourned at 4:28 pm.
__________________________________________ Representative Laurie Pryor, Chair
_________________________________________ Isabel Anderson, Committee Legislative Assistant