STATE OF MINNESOTA SEVENTH MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-THIRD SESSION
TRANSPORTATION FINANCE & POLICY COMMITTEE
Representative Frank Hornstein, Chair of the Transportation Finance and Policy Committee, called the meeting to order at 8:30 A.M., on January 26, 2023 in Room 120 of the Capitol Building.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
HORNSTEIN, Frank, Chair
TABKE, Brad, Vice-Chair
PETERSBURG, John, Lead
A quorum was present.
Representative Petersburg moved the minutes of January 24, 2023. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
HF498 (Hansen) Highways for habitat program established, roadside vegetation and living snow fence purposes funding provided, and money appropriated.
Chair Hornstein moved that HF498 be laid over for possible inclusion in a future Transportation Finance and Policy omnibus bill.
Representative Hansen presented HF498.
Chair Hornstein moved the H0498DE1 amendment. THE MOTION PREVAILED. THE AMENDMENT WAS ADOPTED.
Testifiers on HF498:
• Tina Markeson, Office of Environmental Stewardship, Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT)
• Don Arnosti, Conservation Consultant, Pollinator Friendly Alliance
Chair Hornstein renewed the motion that HF498 be laid over for possible inclusion in a future Transportation Finance and Policy omnibus bill.
Vice Chair Tabke assumed the gavel.
HF401 (Hornstein) Various policy changes provided to transportation-related provisions, and money appropriated.
Chair Hornstein moved that HF401 be laid over for possible inclusion in a future Transportation Finance and Policy omnibus bill.
Chair Hornstein presented HF401.
Testifiers on HF401:
• Nancy Daubenberger, Commissioner, Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT)
• Pong Xiong, Director, Department of Vehicle Services
• Jon Wolfgram, Chief Engineer, Minnesota Office of Pipeline Safety
• Rick Horton, Executive Vice President, Minnesota Forest Industries
• Ray Higgins, Executive Vice President, Minnesota Timber Producers Association
• Sarah Erickson, Partner and Lobbyist, United Strategies
• Abbey Bryduck, Executive Director, Minnesota Asphalt Pavement Association
• Dan Labo, Director of Engineering Services, Concrete Paving Association of Minnesota
• Joe Bagnoli, Shareholder and Lobbyist, Winthrop & Weinstine P.A.
• Bruce Kleven, President and Lobbyist, Kleven Law Office
Representative Tabke renewed the motion that HF401 be laid over for possible inclusion in a future Transportation Finance and Policy omnibus bill.
Vice Chair Tabke adjourned the meeting at 10:00 AM.
Representative Frank Hornstein, Chair
Kevin Petrie, Committee Legislative Assistant