STATE OF MINNESOTA TWENTY-SIXTH MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-THIRD SESSION
TRANSPORTATION FINANCE & POLICY COMMITTEE
Representative Brad Tabke, Vice-Chair of the Transportation Finance and Policy Committee, called the meeting to order at 08:30 A.M., on March 23, 2023, in Room 120 of the State Capitol.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
HORNSTEIN, Frank, Chair
TABKE, Brad, Vice-Chair
PETERSBURG, John, Minority Lead
A quorum was present.
Representative Petersburg moved the minutes of March 22 2023 with the amendment that “WEST, Nolan” be under “Members present”. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
HF2882 (Hornstein) Transportation network companies governed, including an assessment imposition and reporting requirements established; account established; and money appropriated.
Chair Hornstein moved that HF2882 be laid over for possible inclusion in a future Transportation Finance and Policy omnibus bill.
Chair Hornstein presented HF2882.
Testifiers on HF2882:
• Margaret Donahoe, Executive Director, Minnesota Transportation Alliance
• Peter Wagenius, Legislative & Political Director, Sierra Club North Star Chapter
• Joel Carlson, lobbyist, Uber Technologies
• Andrew Carlson, lobbyist, Lyft
Representative Tabke renewed the motion that HF2882 be laid over for possible inclusion in a future Transportation Finance and Policy omnibus bill. The bill was laid over.
HF2346 (Hornstein) Commissioner of transportation required to be responsible authority for light rail transit projects, and commissioner required to construct transit facilities in metropolitan area.
Chair Hornstein moved that HF2346 be laid over for possible inclusion in a future Transportation Finance and Policy omnibus bill.
Chair Hornstein moved the DE3 amendment to HF2346. THE MOTION PREVAILED. THE AMENDMENT WAS ADOPTED.
Chair Hornstein presented HF2346, as amended.
Testifiers on HF2346, as amended:
• Marion Green, Commissioner, Hennepin County Board of Commissioners
• Aurora Vautrin, Legislative Director, 100% Campaign
• MJ Carpio, Campaign Manager, MoveMN
Representative Tabke renewed the motion that HF2346, as amended, be laid over for possible inclusion in a future Transportation Finance and Policy omnibus bill. The bill was laid over.
Chair Hornstein assumed the gavel.
HF580 (Koegel) Tangible personal property delivery fee imposed, and funds allocated.
Representative Koegel moved that HF580 be laid over for possible inclusion in a Transportation Finance and Policy omnibus bill.
Representative Koegel moved the A4 amendment to HF2346. THE MOTION PREVAILED. THE AMENDMENT WAS ADOPTED.
Representative Koegel presented HF2346, as amended.
Testifiers on HF2346, as amended:
• Pat Benner, Legislative Representative, AFSCME Council 5
• Bentley Graves, Lobbyist, Minnesota Chamber of Commerce
• Abbey Bryduck, Executive Director, Minnesota Asphalt Pavement Association
• JJ Haywood, CEO, Pizza Luce
• Jennifer Schoenzeit, Owner, Zipps Liquor
• Kouri Marshall, Director State and Local Public Policy, Chamber of Progress
• Margaret Donahoe, Executive Director, Minnesota Transportation
• Rob Williams, Director of IT, Davanni’s Inc.
• Bruce Nustad, President, Minnesota Retailers Association
• Kris Fredson, Director of Public Affairs, Laborers’ International Union of North America
• Jamie Pfuhl, President, Minnesota Grocers Association President
Chair Hornstein recessed the meeting at 10:04 A.M.
The committee was adjourned at the end of the legislative day.
Representative Frank Hornstein, Chair
Kevin Petrie, Committee Legislative Assistant