STATE OF MINNESOTA EIGHTEENTH MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES EIGHTY-EIGHTH SESSION
COMMITTEE ON HOUSING FINANCE AND POLICY
Chair, Representative Karen Clark
Chair Clark called the eighteenth meeting of the Committee on Housing Finance and Policy to order at 10:10am on 4/5/2013 in the Basement Hearing Room of the State Office Building.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
Clark, Karen, Chair
Bly, David, Vice-Chair
Anderson, Paul, Lead GOP
A quorum was present.
Representative Bly moved that the minutes of April 3, 2013 be approved. THE MOTION PREVAILED AND THE MINUTES WERE APPROVED.
Representative Clark moved that HF1344 (Clark) be recommended to pass to Ways and Means Committee.
Representative Clark presented HF1344 (Clark). Omnibus Housing Finance and Policy Bill.
Representative Clark moved to amend HF1344. See attached H1344DE7
. MOTION PREVAILED.
Testimony on HF1344 as amended:
- Jeff Washburne, City of Lakes Community Land Trust
- Darielle Dannen and Liz Kuoppala, Homes for All Coalition
- Steve Horsfield, Simpson Housing Services
- Amber Backhaus, Hearth Connection
- Kristine Martin, Wilder Foundation
- James Scott, Hope Street
- Allison Wesley, Youthlink
- Sue Watlov Phillp, MICAH and Integrated Community Solutions
- David McGee, BuildWealth Minnesota
- Jean Lee, Children’s Hope International
Representative Clark renewed the motion that HF1344 as amended, be recommended to pass and be re-referred to the Committee on Ways and Means. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
The meeting was adjourned at 11:33am.
Representative Karen Clark, Chair
Martha Ockenfels-Martinez, Committee Legislative Assistant