STATE OF MINNESOTA TWENTY-FOURTH MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES EIGHTY-EIGHTH SESSION
COMMITTEE ON HOUSING FINANCE AND POLICY
Chair, Representative Karen Clark
Representative Clark, Chair of Committee on Housing Finance and Policy, called the twenty-fourth meeting to order at 12:52pm on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 in the Basement Hearing Room of the State Office Building.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
Clark, Karen, Chair
Bly, David, Vice-Chair
Anderson, Paul, GOP Lead
A quorum was present.
Representative Fischer moved that HF1983 be re-referred to the Committee on Taxes.
Representative Hansen presented HF1983 (Hansen). Dakota County Development Agency low-income housing tax credit allocation threshold criteria modified.
Representative Fischer moved to amend HF1983. See attached H1983A1
. MOTION PREVAILED. THE AMENDMENT WAS ADOPTED.
Testimony on HF1983 as amended:
- Mark Ulfers, Executive Director, Dakota County Community Development Agency
- Andrea Brennan, Dakota County Community Development Agency
Representative Fischer renewed the motion that HF1983 as amended be re-referred to the Committee on Taxes. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
Representative Isaacson moved that HF2203 be re-referred to the Committee on Health and Human Services Finance.
Representative Halverson presented HF2203 (Halverson). Homeless Youth Act funding provided for activities, and money appropriated.
Testimony on HF2203:
- Greg Owen, Senior Research Manager, Wilder Foundation
- Michelled Gerrard, Research Manager, Wilder Foundation
- Francie Mathes, Department of Human Services
- Alberto Day
- Patrice O’Leary, Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota
Representative Isaacson renewed the motion that HF2203 be re-referred to the Committee on Health and Human Services Finance. MOTION PREVAILED.
Representative Moran moved that HF2251 be re-referred to the Committee on Civil Law.
Representative Moran presented HF2251 (Moran).
- Andy Barnett, Frogtown Rondo Action Network
- Metric Giles, Director, Community Stabilization Project
- Todd Liljenquist, Minnesota Multi Housing Association
HF2251 was laid over.
The meeting was adjourned at 2:10pm.
Representative Karen Clark, Chair
Martha Ockenfels-Martinez, Committee Legislative Assistant