KELLY, Tim, Chair KOZNICK, Jon
PETERSBURG, John, VC LUCERO, Eric
ATKINS, Joe MASIN, Sandra
ANDERSON, Chad MCNAMARA, Denny
ANDERSON, Mark NASH, Jim
BERNARDY, Connie NORTON, Kim
DRAZKOWSKI, Steve RUNBECK, Linda
ERHARDT, Ron SUNDIN, Mike
HAUSMAN, Alice UGLEM, Mark
HORNSTEIN, Frank WHELAN, Abigail
07:55 - Gavel, and discussion and overview on several MnDOT bridge projects including the Saint Croix River Crossing Bridge, Highway 43 Winona Bridge, Highway 53 relocation and bridge and Edina Highway 169 Nine Mile Creek proposed bridge.
• Overview of each project: location, cost, initial construction schedule time period and what is current projection for completion, and type of project contract (design build, low bid, etc.).
• Bidding and selection of contractor process and criteria used to select a contractor for a project and determining who is qualified to bid for projects on the "short list" and how contractors applying for projects are scored/ranked for project selection.
• How MnDOT selects type of construction process contract for project (i.e. design build, low bid, cost plus, Construction Manager General Contractor, etc.) and what the benefits of each type of contract method are.
• How MnDOT "Best Value" procurement process affects project selection and costs.
• Process to select a design for a bridge and what process was used for these projects, including public participation in design selection process.
• Issues/delays/cost overruns which have arisen on these projects under construction and why and what additional time and cost is needed to address issues to complete the project over initial timetable, and is there any correlation between contract type and schedule delays or cost overruns.
Runs 1 hour, 44 minutes.