STATE OF MINNESOTA FOURTH MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETIETH SESSION
Capital Investment Committee
Representative Urdahl, Chair of the Capital Investment Committee, called the meeting to order at 3:03 PM on February 7, 2017, in the Room 200 of the State Office Building. A quorum was present.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
URDAHL, Dean Chair
UGLEM, Mark Vice Chair
CARLSON SR., Lyndon
CONSIDINE JR., John
Representative Considine moved the minutes from February 1, 2017 be approved. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
Commissioner Myron Frans and Capitol Budget Coordinator Liz Conner of Minnesota Management and Budget presented an overview of the Governor's bonding proposal.
HF892 (Urdahl): Public land and building acquisition and improvement spending authorized, previous appropriations modified, new programs established and existing programs modified, bonds issued, and money appropriated.
The committee heard public testimony from the following in order of appearance:
• Bruce McKenzie spoke against the funding for Fort Snelling.
• David Kelliher from the Minnesota Historical Society spoke in favor of the funding for Fort Snelling.
• Ron Harnock from the Red River Watershed Management Board spoke in favor of the funding for flood mitigation.
• David Fudally spoke against the funding for Fort Snelling.
• Curtis Dahlin spoke against the funding for Fort Snelling.
Representative Uglem assumed the gavel at 3:22 PM. Chair Urdahl re-assumed the gavel at 3:26 PM.
Representative Pierson assumed the gavel at 4:27 PM. Chair Urdahl re-assumed the gavel at 4:27 PM.
The meeting was adjourned at 4:45 PM.
Representative Dean Urdahl, Chair
Jennifer Goblirsch Committee Legislative Assistant