STATE OF MINNESOTA FOURTH JOINT MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-FIRST SESSION
EDUCATION FINANCE DIVISION & EDUCATION POLICY COMMITTEE
Representative Youakim, Chair of the Education Policy Committee, called the remote joint meeting to order at 9:47 A.M. on June 30, 2020, pursuant to House Rule 10.01. The meeting is being broadcast via House Public Information Services.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
YOUAKIM, Cheryl (Chair)
DAVNIE, Jim (Chair)
KUNESH-PODEIN, Mary (Vice-Chair)
SANDSTEDE, Julie (Vice-Chair)
ERICKSON, Sondra (GOP-Lead)
KRESHA, Ron (GOP-Lead)
Chair Youakim called the meeting to order in conjunction with the Education Finance Division Chair, Rep. Davnie.
Presentation on distance learning provided by public school administrators, principals, school board members and the Minnesota Department of Education.
- Astein Osei, Superintendent, St. Louis Park Public Schools
- Tim Lutz, Superintendent, Bemidji Area Schools
- Sandy Lewandowski, Superintendent, Intermediate School District 287
- Chreese Jones, Principal, Global Arts Plus, St. Paul Public Schools
- Katie Wiese, School Board Member, Pipestone Area Schools
- David Boone, School Board Chair, Robbinsdale Area Schools
- Wendy Webster, Director of Community Education, St. Anthony-New Brighton School District
- Brenton Lexvold, Food Services Director, Red Wing Public Schools
- Sabrina Williams, Executive Director, Excell Academy for Higher Learning, Brooklyn Park
- Tim Benz, Chair, Non-Public Education Council
- Tom Brenner, Principal, Cloquet Middle School, Cloquet Public Schools
- Commissioner Mary Cathryn Ricker, Department of Education
- Deputy Commissioner Dr. Heather Mueller, Department of Education
Chair Davnie assumed the gavel at 11:05 A.M.
The committee adjourned at 11:33 A.M.
Representative Cheryl Youakim, Chair
Representative Jim Davnie, Chair
Eric Petersen, Committee Legislative Assistant
Brittney Sunderland, Committee Legislative Assistant