STATE OF MINNESOTA TWENTY-FIRST MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-FIRST SESSION
HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES FINANCE DIVISION
Representative Liebling, Chair of the Division, called the meeting to order at 12:50 P.M. on February 28, 2019 in Room 200 of the State Office Building.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
LIEBLING, Tina, Chair
MANN, Alice, Vice-Chair
SCHOMACKER, Joe, Lead Republican
A quorum was present
Representative Hamilton moved that the minutes of February 27, 2019 be approved. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
HF 400 (Olson) – First Division Engrossment - Opioid Stewardship Advisory Council, opioid stewardship account, and opiate product registration fee established; opioid addiction prevention, education, intervention, treatment, and recovery provisions modified; reports required; and money appropriated.
Representative Olson moved that HF 400 be heard and re-referred to the Committee on Ways and Means.
Representative Olson moved the H0400A20 amendment and incorporated an oral amendment to the amendment as follows:
Page 4, delete line 16.
Representative Olson moved that H0400A20 be adopted as amended. THE MOTION PREVAILED AND THE AMENDMENT AS AMENDED WAS ADOPTED.
Representative Olson and Representative Baker presented HF 400.
Testifying in support:
1. Commander Jeff Kazel, Duluth Police Department
2. Dr. Charles Roznikoff, Hennepin Healthcare
3. Shelly Elkington, RN Advocate
4. Bonnie Bolash, Acupuncturist
5. Dr. Kurt DeVine, CHI St. Gabriel’s Healthcare
6. Dr. Heather Bell, CHI St. Gabriel’s Healthcare
Testifying in opposition:
1. Judy Cook, Association for Accessible Medicines
2. Todd Hill, Healthcare Distribution Alliance
Representative Munson moved the A19-0051 amendment and incorporated an oral amendment as follows:
Line 3, delete “7” and insert “11”
Line 4, delete “28” and insert “34”
Line 6, delete “13” and insert “19”
Representative Munson requested a roll call vote on the A19-0051 amendment as amended. The results were as follows:
On a vote of 2 AYES and 13 NAYS THE MOTION DID NOT PREVAIL.
Representative Olson renewed her motion that HF 400, as amended, be re-referred to Ways and Means.
Vice Chair Mann requested a roll call vote. The results were as follows:
On a vote of 11 AYES and 3 NAYS THE MOTION PREVAILED.
Vice Chair Mann assumed the gavel.
HF 1297 (Liebling) Medical assistance drug payment provisions modified.
Representative Liebling requested that HF 1297 be heard and laid over for possible inclusion in the Health and Human Services Finance Division bill.
Representative Liebling presented HF 1297.
Testifying in support:
1. Matt Burdick, Legislative Director for Health Care, Behavioral Health, and Housing, Minnesota Department of Human Services
2. Matt Anderson, Sr. Vice President of Policy and Chief Strategy Officer, Minnesota Hospital Association
3. Buck Humphrey, Minnesota Pharmacy Alliance
Vice Chair Mann laid over HF 1297 for possible inclusion in the Division bill.
The meeting was adjourned at 2:29 P.M.
Representative Tina Liebling, Chair
Krysta Niedernhöfer, Committee Legislative Assistant