STATE OF MINNESOTA THIRTY-SIXTH MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-FIRST SESSION
HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES FINANCE DIVISION
Representative Liebling, Chair of the Division, called the meeting to order at 12:52 P.M. on April 2, 2019 in Room 200 of the State Office Building.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
LIEBLING, Tina, Chair
MANN, Alice, Vice-Chair
SCHOMACKER, Joe, Lead Republican
A quorum was present.
HF2414 (Liebling) Omnibus health and human services finance bill.
Chair Liebling moved that HF 2414 be recommended to pass and be re-referred to the Ways and Means Committee.
Chair Liebling moved the A19-0349 DE amendment. THE MOTION PREVAILED AND THE AMENDMENT WAS ADOPTED.
Doug Berg, House Fiscal Staff, walked through the DE spreadsheet.
Randall Chun, Elisabeth Klarqvist and Sarah Sunderman – House Research Staff – walked through the DE amendment.
Commissioner Jan Malcolm, MN Department of Health (MDH), testified on the MDH portion of the amendment.
Deputy Commissioner Claire Wilson, MN Department of Human Services (DHS), testified on the DHS portion of the amendment.
Testifying on A19-0349:
1. Dominic McQuerry, Public Policy Manager, Amherst H. Wilder Foundation
2. Sue Abderholden, Executive Director, NAMI Minnesota
3. Amanda Jansen, Senior Public Affairs Manager, ClearWay Minnesota
4. Carissa Kemp, Government Affairs Manager, Minnesota Dental Association
5. Tom Lehman, Minnesota Medical Solutions
6. Sara Grafstrom, Director of State and Federal Policy, ARRM
7. Toby Pearson, Care Providers of Minnesota
8. Kari Thurlow, LeadingAge Minnesota
9. Danny Ackert, Director of Public Policy, Minnesota Association of Community Health Centers
10. Jessica Webster, Staff Attorney, Legal Aid
11. Kirsten Anderson, Executive Director, AspireMN
12. Katy Sly, Council on Asian Pacific Minnesotans
13. Eric Armacanqui, Policy & Legislative Affairs Director, Children’s Defense Fund – Minnesota
14. Jason Flohrs, State Director, Americans for Prosperity – Minnesota
15. Rinal Ray, Associate Executive Director, People Serving People
16. Laura Sayles, Government Relations Specialist, Minnesota Nurses Association
17. Michelle Bashum, Executive Director of The Bridge for Youth and Co-Chair, Youth Services Network
Chair Liebling laid HF2414, as amended, on the table.
The meeting was adjourned at 3:29 P.M.
Representative Tina Liebling, Chair
Krysta Niedernhöfer, Committee Legislative Assistant