STATE OF MINNESOTA THIRTY-FOURTH MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-SECOND SESSION
CLIMATE AND ENERGY FINANCE AND POLICY MINUTES
Representative Jamie Long, Chair of the Committee on Climate and Energy Finance and Policy, called the virtual meeting to order at 10:30 AM on February 17th, 2022 pursuant to House rule 10.01. The meeting was broadcast via Zoom and House Public Information Services.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
Long, Jamie, Chair
Acomb, Patty, Vice Chair
Swedzinski, Chris, Republican Lead
A quorum was present.
Bills not introduced at the time of the meeting are indicated by the House Research or Revisor code.
Presenting on weatherization in MN vs other states:
• Gabe Chan, Associate Professor, UMN Humphrey School of Public Affairs
• Elise Harrington, Assistant Professor, UMN Humphrey School of Public Affairs
Presenting a current weatherization report:
• Grace Arnold, Commissioner, MN Department of Commerce
• Michelle Gransee, Director State Energy Office, MN Department of Commerce
• Becky Olson, Senior Director of Residential and Community Energy, Center for Energy and the Environment
• Ethan Warner, Regulatory Analyst, CenterPoint Energy
• Katherine Teiken, Clean Energy Policy Specialist, Minnesota Housing
Representative Bierman presented house research BE163, a bill for an act relating to energy; making clean energy occupations eligible for dual-training programs; establishing a weatherization apprenticeship grant program; specifying the uses of supplementary state weatherization grants; appropriating money; amending Minnesota Statutes 2020, sections 175.45, subdivisions 1, 2; 216C.264, subdivision 5; proposing coding for new law in Minnesota Statutes, chapter 216C.
Testifying on HR BE163:
• Bill Grant, Executive Director, Minnesota Community Action Partnership
• Annie Levenson-Falk, Executive Director, Citizens Utility Board
• Mari Ojeda, Policy Associate for Energy Access and Equity, Fresh Energy
• Liz Kuoppala, Executive Director, Mahube-Otwa Community Action Partnership Inc
• Joel Johnson, President, One Minnesota
The meeting was adjourned at 11:56 AM.
Representative Jamie Long, Chair
Mike Hermanson, Committee Legislative Assistant