STATE OF MINNESOTA THIRTY-EIGHTH MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-SECOND SESSION
CLIMATE AND ENERGY FINANCE AND POLICY MINUTES
Representative Jamie Long, Chair of the Committee on Climate and Energy Finance and Policy, called the virtual meeting to order at 10:30 AM on March 3rd, 2022 pursuant to House rule 10.01. The meeting was broadcast via Zoom and House Public Information Services.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
Long, Jamie, Chair
Acomb, Patty, Vice Chair
Swedzinski, Chris, Republican Lead
A quorum was present.
Presenting on Energy Storage:
• Jason Houck, Sr. Manager, Policy and Regulatory Affairs, Form Energy
• Zac Ruzycki, Director of Resource Planning, Great River Energy
• Greg Ridderbusch, President & CEO, Connexus Energy
• Tim Thompson, CEO, Lake Region Electric Cooperative
• Rolf Weberg, Executive Director, Natural Resources Research Institute - UMN Duluth
Representative Hollins presented HF1651, a bill for an act relating to energy; requiring all investor-owned utilities to submit a photovoltaic demand credit rider with the Public Utilities Commission.
Representative Hollins moved that HF1651 be laid over for possible inclusion.
Representative Hollins moved the HF1651DE1 amendment, THE MOTION PREVAILED. THE AMENDMENT WAS ADOPTED.
Testifying on HF1651:
• Peter Teigland, Director of Policy & Regulatory Affairs
• Ross Abbey, Director, Regulatory & Legislative Affairs US Solar
• Michael Allen, CEO of All Energy Solar
• Griffin Dooling, Chief Executive Officer, Blue Horizon Energy
• Thor Underdahl, Government Affairs, Minnesota Power
• Rick Evans, Regional Director of Government Affairs, Xcel Energy
• Andy Snope, Legislative and Political Director, IBEW
Representative Hollins renewed her motion that HF1651, as amended, be laid over for possible inclusion.
The meeting was adjourned at 12:01 PM.
Representative Jamie Long, Chair
Mike Hermanson, Committee Legislative Assistant