STATE OF MINNESOTA FORTY FIFTH MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-SECOND SESSION
CLIMATE AND ENERGY FINANCE AND POLICY MINUTES
Representative Jamie Long, Chair of the Committee on Climate and Energy Finance and Policy, called the virtual meeting to order at 10:30 AM on March 29th, 2022 pursuant to House rule 10.01. The meeting was broadcast via Zoom and House Public Information Services.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
Long, Jamie, Chair
Acomb, Patty, Vice Chair
Swedzinski, Chris, Republican Lead
A quorum was present.
Vice Chair Acomb moved that the minutes of March 15th, 2022, be adopted. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
Presenting on Clean Fuels Stakeholder Sessions:
• Tim Sexton, Assistant Commissioner, Department of Transportation
• Andrea Vaubel, Deputy Commissioner, Department of Agriculture
Representative Lippert presented HF 2083, a bill for an act relating to transportation fuels; establishing a standard to reduce the carbon intensity of transportation fuels; setting fees; creating an account; requiring a report; appropriating money; proposing coding for new law in Minnesota Statutes, chapter 239.
Testifying on HF 2083:
• Dr. Jeremy Martin, Director of Clean Fuels Policy, Union of Concerned Scientists
• MK Anderson, Energy Transition Policy Associate, Fresh Energy
• Dan Bowerson, Director of Energy & Environment, Alliance for Automotive Innovation
• Luca Zullo, Director of Science and Technology, AURI
• Steve Morse, Executive Director, Minnesota Environmental Partnership
• Madi Johnson, Clean Transportation Organizer, MN350
• Colin Cureton, Supply Chain Development Specialist, CFANS - UMN
• Peter Wagenius, Legislative and Political Director, Sierra Club
• Brendan Jordan, Vice President for Transportation and Fuels, Great Plains Institute
Representative Long presented HF 4654, a bill for an act relating to energy; establishing a supplemental budget for energy and climate change needs; modifying the renewable development account; establishing a water utility energy resilience program; establishing various energy and climate technology investment funds; requiring reports; appropriating money; amending Minnesota Statutes 2020, section 116C.779, subdivision 1; Minnesota Statutes 2021 Supplement, section 216C.375, subdivision 1; proposing coding for new law in Minnesota Statutes, chapters 216B; 216C.
Representative Long moved that HF 4654 be laid over for possible inclusion.
Testifying on HF 4654:
• Commissioner Grace Arnold, Department of Commerce
• Kevin Lee, Deputy Commissioner, Department of Commerce
• Nina Axelson, Founder, Grid Catalyst
• Allen Gleckner, Director Clean Electricity, Fresh Energy
• Jeremy Kalin, Avisen Legal
Representative Long renewed his motion that HF 4654 be laid over for possible inclusion.
The meeting was adjourned at 12:01 PM.
Representative Jamie Long, Chair
Mike Hermanson, Committee Legislative Assistant