STATE OF MINNESOTA FORTY EIGHTH MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-SECOND SESSION
CLIMATE AND ENERGY FINANCE AND POLICY MINUTES
Representative Jamie Long, Chair of the Committee on Climate and Energy Finance and Policy, called the virtual meeting to order at 10:30 AM on April 6th, 2022 pursuant to House rule 10.01. The meeting was broadcast via Zoom and House Public Information Services.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
Long, Jamie, Chair
Acomb, Patty, Vice Chair
Swedzinski, Chris, Republican Lead
A quorum was present.
Representative Long presented HF 3337, a bill for an act relating to utilities; modifying submission dates for certain reports; amending Minnesota Statutes 2020, sections 216B.096, subdivision 11; 237.55.
Representative Long moved that HF 3337 be rereferred to the committee on Ways and Means.
Representative Long moved the HF 3337DE2 amendment.
Public testimony on HF 3337:
• Commissioner Grace Arnold, Department of Commerce
• Robert Larsen, Chairman, MN Indian Affairs Council, and President, Lower Sioux Indian Community
• Andy Hill, Woodbury resident and teacher
• Niki Narasimhan, Youth Environmental Activists (YEA!)
• Bill Brandt, Chief Revenue Officer, Zeus Electric Chassis
• Greg Selen, weatherization contractor
• Dan Josephson, Director of Energy Programs, Mahube-Otwa Community Action Partnership
• Aurora Vautrin, Political Director, 100% Campaign
• Michael Noble, Executive Director, Fresh Energy
• Commissioner Molly Malone, Murray County
• Logan O’Grady, Executive Director, Minnesota Solar Energy
• Josh Fisher, Alliance for Automotive Innovation
• Kathleen Schuler, Policy Director, Health Professionals for a Healthy Climate
• Sheri Hansen, American Institute of Architects
• Shane A. Zahrt, Coalition of Utility Cities
• Jamie Fitzke, Director of Legislative Affairs, Center for Energy and Environment
• Annie Levenson-Falk, Citizens Utility Board
• Braden Solum, Ideal Energies
• Pete Klein, VP Finance at St. Paul Port Authority
• Chris Baker, Project Executive at Willdan
• Joel Johnson, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
• Carolyn Berninger, Drive Electric
• Adri Arquin, Minnesota Center for Environmental Advocacy
• Brian Hoffman, City of St. Louis Park
• Amber Backhaus, Vice President of Public Affairs, Minnesota Auto Dealers
• Meghan Hassett, Union of Concerned Scientists
• Lucas Franco, LiUNA
The meeting was adjourned at 11:40 AM.
Representative Jamie Long, Chair
Mike Hermanson, Committee Legislative Assistant