STATE OF MINNESOTA FORTIETH MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-SECOND SESSION
HEALTH FINANCE AND POLICY COMMITTEE
Representative Tina Liebling, Chair of the Committee, called the virtual Health Finance and Policy Committee meeting to order at 2:00 P.M. on May 1, 2021, pursuant to House rule 10.01. The meeting is being broadcast via Zoom and House Public Information Services.
Members from the Human Services Finance and Policy Committee, the Behavior Health Policy Division and the Preventative Health Policy Division were also in attendance.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
LIEBLING, Tina, Chair
HUOT, John, Vice Chair
SCHOMACKER, Joe, Minority Lead
A quorum was present.
Representative Huot moved that the minutes of April 9, 2021 be approved. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
HF600 (Winkler) Omnibus cannabis bill
Chair Liebling moved that HF600, 6th Engrossment, be recommended to pass and be re-referred to the Committee on Taxes.
Majority Leader Winkler presented his bill.
Testifying in support:
1. Heather Wilmes, LICSW, Mental Health Provider
2. Dr. Carter Casmaer, Emergency Physician
3. Mary Kay Gilbert, RN, CCM, BCPA, American Cannabis Nurses Association
4. Maren Schroeder, Policy Director, Sensible Change MN
5. Stefan Egan, Medical Cannabis Patient and Consultant
6. Leila Fatehi, Campaign Manager, MNs for the Responsible Regulation of Marijuana
7. Marcus Harcus, Campaign for Full Legalization
Testifying in opposition:
1. Ken Winters, PhD, Senior Scientist, Oregon Research Institute (MN location) Retired Professor, Department of Psychiatry, U of MN
2. Eric Hines, Citizen Advocate
3. Judson Bemis, Chair, Smart Approaches to Marijuana Minnesota
4. Wole Johnson, Citizen Advocate
5. Johanna Lester, Former Public Health Policy Advisor, University of Minnesota
Representative Munson moved the A21-0194 Amendment and requested a roll call vote.
Chair Liebling ruled the amendment out of order.
Elyse Baily, Fiscal Policy Director, MN Department of Human Services, responded to member questions.
Chair Liebling renewed her motion that HF600, 6th Engrossment, be passed and re-referred to the Committee on Taxes.
Chair Liebling stated there would be a roll call vote. The results were as follows:
On a vote of 11 AYES and 8 NAYS THE MOTION PREVAILED.
The meeting was adjourned at 3:42 P.M.
Representative Tina Liebling, Chair
Krysta Niedernhöfer, Committee Legislative Assistant