STATE OF MINNESOTA SIXTY- THIRD MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-SECOND SESSION
PUBLIC SAFETY AND CRIMINAL JUSTICE REFORM FINANCE AND POLICY COMMITTEE
JUDICARY FINANCE AND CIVIL LAW COMMITTEE
Representative Becker-Finn, Chair of the Judiciary Finance and Civil Law Committee, called the joint virtual meeting of the Public Safety and Criminal Justice Reform Finance and Policy Committee and the Judiciary Finance and Civil Law Committee to order at 7:00 PM on May 17th, 2022, pursuant to House Rule 10.01. The meeting was broadcast via Zoom and House Public Information Services.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
Public Safety and Criminal Justice Reform Committee Members present:
MARIANI, Carlos (Chair)
FRAZIER, Cedrick (Vice Chair)
JOHNSON, Brian (Minority Lead)
Judiciary Finance and Civil Law Members present:
Becker-Finn, Jamie, Chair
Moller, Kelly, Vice Chair
Scott, Peggy, Republican Lead
A quorum was present.
The Minnesota Department of Human Rights gave a presentation on the Investigation into the City of Minneapolis and the Minneapolis Police Department Findings.
• Rebecca Lucero, Commissioner, Minnesota Department of Human Rights
• William C. Jordan Jr, President of the Minnesota Dakotas Chapter of the NAACP
• Michelle Gross, President of Communities United Against Police Brutality
• Jaylani Hussein, Executive Director of CAIR Minnesota
• Courtney Ross, Fiancé of George Floyd
• Julia Decker, Policy Director for the American Civil Liberties Union
• Eric Rice, Attorney for Jaleel Stallings
• Justin Terrell, POST Board Rules Committee Chair
• Angela Rosemyer, Community Member
The meeting adjourned at 9:34 PM
Representative Mariani, Chair
Abdullahi Abdullahi, Committee Legislative Assistant