STATE OF MINNESOTA
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVE NINTH MEETING
CAPITAL INVESTMENT COMMITTEE MINUTES
Representative Fue Lee, Chair of the Capital Investment Committee, called the meeting to order at 1:00 pm on February 6th, 2023 in Room 120 of the Minnesota State Capitol. The meeting was broadcast via House Public Information Services.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
LEE, Fue, Chair
REYER, Liz, Vice-Chair
URDAHL, Dean, Lead
A quorum was present.
Presentation on the Metropolitan Council bonding overview.
• Charlie Zelle, Chair, Metropolitan Council
• Nick Thompson, Assistant General Manager for Capital Projects, Metropolitan Council
• Ned Smith, Environmental Services Finance Director, Metropolitan Council
• Lisa Barajas, Community Development Director, Metropolitan Council
Presentation on the Board of Water and Soil Resources bonding overview.
• John Jaschke, Executive Director, Board of Water and Soil Resources
• Andrea Fish, Assistant Director, Board of Water and Soil Resources
Presentation on the Minnesota Amateur Sports Commission bonding overview.
• Todd Johnson, Executive Director, Minnesota Amateur Sports Commission/National Sports Center
• Neil Ladd, Deputy Executive Director, National Sports Center
Presentation on the Minnesota State Academies bonding overview.
• Terry Wilding, Superintendent, Minnesota State Academies
Presentation on the Perpich Center for Arts Education bonding overview.
• Dr. Charles Rick, Executive Director, Perpich Center for Arts Education
Presentation on the Department of Agriculture bonding overview.
• Thom Peterson, Commissioner, MN Department of Agriculture
• Nicholas Milanowski, Fruit, Vegetable and Grain Section Manager, Department of Agriculture
• Matt McDevitt, Finance and Budget Supervisor, Department of Agriculture
Vice-Chair Reyer moved that the minutes from the February 1, 2023 meeting be adopted. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
Chair Lee adjourned the meeting at 2:11 pm.
Representative Fue Lee, Chair
Abdulaziz Mohamed, Committee Legislative Assistant