STATE OF MINNESOTA
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVE FOURTEENTH MEETING
CAPITAL INVESTMENT COMMITTEE MINUTES
Representative Fue Lee, Chair of the Capital Investment Committee, called the meeting to order at 1:00 pm on February 27, 2023 in Room 120 of the Minnesota State Capitol. The meeting was broadcast via House Public Information Services.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
LEE, Fue, Chair
REYER, Liz, Vice-Chair
URDAHL, Dean, Republican Lead
A quorum was present.
Vice-Chair Reyer moved that the minutes from the February 20, 2023 meeting be adopted. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
HF 463 (F. Vang); Rural Finance Authority funding provided, bonds issued, and money appropriated.
Chair Lee moved that HF 463 be re-referred to the Committee on Ways and Means.
Representative Vang presented HF 463.
• Matt McDevitt, Agricultural Finance Supervisor, Finance and Budget, Minnesota Department of Agriculture (MDA)
• Stu Lourey, Director of Government Relations, Minnesota Farmers Union
Chair Lee renewed the motion that HF 463 be re-referred to the Committee on Ways and Means. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
HF 24 (Jordan); Authority modified to ensure safe drinking water, drinking water revolving fund provisions modified, grant program established to replace lead drinking water service lines, grant program established for mapping lead service lines, report required, and money appropriated.
Chair Lee moved that HF 24 be laid over.
Chair Lee moved to adopt the H0024A6 amendment. THE MOTION PREVAILED. THE AMENDMENT WAS ADOPTED.
Representative Jordan presented HF 24, as amended.
• Harley Droba, Mayor, International Falls
• John Thorson, Legislative Director, Laborers’ International Union of North America (LIUNA), Minnesota and North Dakota
• Stephan Witherspoon, Community Advocate, Duluth
• Jeff Freeman, Executive Director, Minnesota Public Facilities Authority
Chair Lee renewed the motion that HF 24, as amended, be laid over. The bill was laid over.
Presentation on Sustainable Building Guidelines.
• Judy Randall, Legislative Auditor, Office of the Legislative Auditor
• Caitlin Badger, Evaluation Manager, Office of the Legislative Auditor
• Wayne Waslaski, Director of Real Estate and Construction Services, Minnesota Department of Administration
• Jon Kelly, Director of Government Affairs, Minnesota Department of Commerce
• Dr. Richard Graves, Director of the Center for Sustainable Building Research; Associate Professor in the College of Design, University of Minnesota
Chair Lee adjourned the meeting at 2:28 pm.
Representative Fue Lee, Chair
Abdulaziz Mohamed, Committee Legislative Assistant