STATE OF MINNESOTA THIRD MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-THIRD SESSION
CLIMATE AND ENERGY FINANCE AND POLICY MINUTES
Representative Patty Acomb, Chair of the Committee on Climate and Energy Finance and Policy, called the meeting to order at 3:00PM on January 11, 2023 in Room 200 of the State Office Building.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
ACOMB, Patty, Chair
KRAFT, Larry, Vice Chair
SWEDZINSKI, Chris, Republican Lead
A quorum was present.
Representative Rehm moved that the minutes of January 10, 2023, be adopted. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
A presentation on utilities future planning within the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA) and the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) was provided.
• Karin Haas, Regulatory Policy Specialist, Xcel Energy
• David Ranallo, Director of Culture, Communications, Marketing and Member Relations, Great River Energy
• Brian Burandt, Vice President for Supply and Businesses Development, Connexus Energy
A presentation on the business case for clean energy was provided.
• Gregg Mast, Executive Director, Clean Energy Economy Minnesota
• Betsy Engelking, Vice President of Policy and Strategy, National Grid Renewables
• Nina Axelson, Founder and President, Grid Catalyst
• Satish Jayaram, General Manager, PSBU Innovation Program Office, Cummins
• Jim Steffes, Vice President of Business Development and Strategy, Zeus Electric Chassis
• Ken Smith, CEO, Ever-Green Energy
The meeting was adjourned at 4:30 PM.
Representative Patty Acomb, Chair
Chelsea Ray, Committee Legislative Assistant