STATE OF MINNESOTA EIGHTH MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-THIRD SESSION
CLIMATE AND ENERGY FINANCE AND POLICY MINUTES
Representative Patty Acomb, Chair of the Committee on Climate and Energy Finance and Policy, called the meeting to order at 3:00 PM on January 31, 2023 in Room 200 of the State Office Building.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
ACOMB, Patty, Chair
KRAFT, Larry, Vice Chair
SWEDZINSKI, Chris, Republican Lead
A quorum was present.
Representative Hollins moved that the minutes of January 25, 2023, be adopted. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
HF 597 (Kraft); Grant program established to provide financial assistance to cities to address climate change, and money appropriated.
Representative Kraft moved HF 597 to be laid over.
Representative Kraft moved the DE4 Amendment to HF 597. THE MOTION PREVAILED; THE AMENDMENT WAS ADOPTED.
Representative Kraft presented HF 597 as amended.
• Dr. Kate Knuth, Policy Director, 100% Campaign
• Patrick Hanlon, Mayor, City of Hopkins
• Victoria Reinhardt, Ramsey County Commissioner, Association of Minnesota Counties
• Craig Johnson, Intergovernmental Relations Representative, League of Minnesota Cities
• Elizabeth Wefel, Lead Lobbyist, Coalition of Greater Minnesota Cities
• Frank Kohlasch, Assistant Commissioner, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA)
Representative Kraft renewed the motion that the HF 597 as amended be laid over.
A presentation on Minnesota’s Climate Action Framework was provided.
• Frank Kohlasch, Assistant Commissioner, MPCA
The meeting was adjourned at 4:25 PM.
Representative Patty Acomb, Chair
Chelsea Ray, Committee Legislative Assistant