STATE OF MINNESOTA SEVENTEENTH MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-THIRD SESSION
CLIMATE AND ENERGY FINANCE AND POLICY MINUTES
Representative Patty Acomb, Chair of the Committee on Climate and Energy Finance and Policy, called the meeting to order at 3:00 PM on March 7, 2023 in Room 200 of the State Office Building.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
ACOMB, Patty, Chair
KRAFT, Larry, Vice Chair
SWEDZINSKI, Chris, Republican Lead
Representative Kraft moved that the minutes from March 1, 2023 be approved. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
HF 2014 (Bierman); Uses of state supplementary weatherization grants expanded, weatherization training grant program established, account created, report required, and money appropriated.
Representative Bierman moved that HF 2014 be laid over.
Representative Bierman moved the A1 Amendment. THE MOTION PREVAILED; THE AMENDMENT WAS ADOPTED.
Representative Bierman presented HF 2014 as amended.
• Michelle Gransee, Deputy Commissioner, Minnesota Department of Commerce
• Bill Grant, Executive Director, Minnesota Community Action Partnership
• Jason Foy, Housing and Weatherization Director, Tri-County Community Action
• Aurora Vautrin, Political Director, 100% Campaign
Representative Bierman renewed the motion that HF 2014 as amended be laid over. The bill was laid over.
HF 849 (Hollins); Grant program established to upgrade electric panels in residential buildings, and money appropriated.
Representative Hollins moved that HF 849 be laid over.
Representative Hollins moved the DE1 Amendment. THE MOTION PREVAILED; THE AMENDMENT WAS ADOPTED.
Representative Hollins presented HF 849 as amended.
• Eric Fowler, Senior Buildings Policy Associate, Fresh Energy
• Andy Snope, Legislative and Political Director, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 292
• Mike Robertson, A Brush with Kindness Program Manager, Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity
• Mike Bull, Senior Policy Advisor, Minnesota Power/ALLETE
Representative Swedzinski moved the A1 Amendment.
Representative Swedzinski requested a roll call vote.
HEMMINGSEN- JAEGER, Amanda
There being 6 AYES, 9 NAYS, and 2 EXCUSED, THE MOTION DID NOT PREVAIL.
Representative Hollins renewed the motion that HF 849 as amended be laid over. The bill was laid over.
Vice-Chair Kraft assumed the gavel at 4:14 PM.
HF 1973 (Acomb); State greenhouse gas emissions reduction goals amended.
Chair Acomb moved that HF 1973 be re-referred to the Committee on Environment and Natural Resources.
Chair Acomb presented HF 1973.
• Frank Kohlasch, Assistant Commissioner, Pollution Control Agency
• Dr. Kate Knuth, Founder, Democracy and Climate
• Dr. Heidi Roop, Director, University of Minnesota Climate Adaptation Partnership
• Ellen Anderson, Climate Program Director, Minnesota Center for Environmental Advocacy (MCEA)
Chair Acomb renewed the motion that HF 1973 be re-referred to the Committee on Environment and Natural Resources. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
The meeting was adjourned at 4:32 PM.
Representative Patty Acomb, Chair
Chelsea Ray, Committee Legislative Assistant