STATE OF MINNESOTA TWENTY-THIRD MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-THIRD SESSION
CLIMATE AND ENERGY FINANCE AND POLICY MINUTES
Representative Larry Kraft, Vice-Chair of the Committee on Climate and Energy Finance and Policy, called the meeting to order at 3:00 PM on March 28, 2023 in Room 200 of the State Office Building.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
ACOMB, Patty, Chair
KRAFT, Larry, Vice Chair
SWEDZINSKI, Chris, Republican Lead
Representative Hemmingsen-Jaeger moved that the minutes from March 22, 2023 be approved. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
HF 2754 (Acomb); Climate and Energy Omnibus
Chair Acomb moved that HF 2754 be re-referred to the Committee on Ways and Means.
Chair Acomb moved the DE1 Amendment.
Representative Acomb presented the DE1 Amendment.
• Michelle Gransee, Deputy Commissioner, Department of Commerce
• Joe Sullivan, Commissioner, Public Utilities Commission (PUC)
• Will Seuffert, Executive Secretary, PUC
• Colin Beere, Director of Government Affairs, Sheetmetal Workers Local 10
• John Thorson, Legislative Director, Laborers International United North America (LiUNA) Minnesota and North Dakota
• J. Drake Hamilton, Science Policy Director, Fresh Energy
• Brian Cook, Director of Energy Policy, Minnesota Chamber of Commerce
• Johnny Johnson, President, Prairie Island Indian Community
• Jon Boesche, Director of Governmental Affairs, Associated Builders and Contractors of Minnesota and North Dakota
• Chris Clark, President, Minnesota and North Dakota, Xcel Energy
• Bria Shea, Vice President of Regulatory Affairs, Xcel Energy
The meeting was adjourned at 4:31 PM.
Representative Patty Acomb, Chair
Chelsea Ray, Committee Legislative Assistant