STATE OF MINNESOTA ELEVENTH MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-THIRD SESSION
COMMERCE FINANCE AND POLICY COMMITTEE MINUTES
Representative Stephenson, Chair of the Commerce Finance and Policy Committee, called the meeting to order at 1:00PM on February 15, 2023 in Room 10 of the State Office Building. It was broadcast via House Public Information Services.
STEPHENSON, Zack, Chair
KOTYZA-WITTHUHN, Carlie, Vice-Chair
O’DRISCOLL, Tim, GOP Lead
NEU BRINDLEY, Anne
A quorum was present.
Representative Kotyza-Witthuhn moved approval of the minutes of the Joint Commerce Finance and Policy Committee and Health Finance and Policy Committee hearing on January 30, 2023. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
Representative Kotyza-Witthuhn moved approval of the minutes from February 13, 2023. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
HF797 (Tabke); Motor vehicle warranty labor compensation modified.
Representative Tabke moved that HF797 be recommended to be placed on the General Register.
Representative Tabke moved the H0797A1 amendment. THE MOTION PREVAILED. THE AMENDMENT WAS ADOPTED.
Representative Tabke presented HF797, as amended.
The following testified on HF797, as amended:
• Josh Fisher, Director of State Affairs, Alliance for Automotive Innovation
Representative Tabke renewed the motion that HF797, as amended, be recommended to be placed on the General Register. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
HF1337 (Fischer); Digital fair repair provisions modified, and penalties provided.
Representative Stephenson moved that HF1337 be recommended to be referred to the Judiciary Finance and Civil Law Committee.
Representative Stephenson moved the H1337A1 amendment. THE MOTION PREVAILED. THE AMENDMENT WAS ADOPTED.
Representative Fischer presented HF1337, as amended.
The following testified on HF1337, as amended:
• Lynn Hoffman, Co-President, Eureka Recycling
• Tim Velde, Member, Minnesota Farmers Union (MFU)
• Chris Olson, Repair and Reuse Manager, Repowered
• Mark Blaxill, CFO, Vibrant Technologies
• Tammy Gillard, Executive Director, Minnesota Tech for Success
• Brian Martinson, Government Relations Team, Solid Waste Administrators
• Andrew O’Connor, Director of State Government Affairs, Entertainment Software Association
• Tyler Diers, Executive Director of the Midwest Region, TechNet
• David Fisch, Board of Directors Emeritus Member, Minnesota Electronic Security and Technology Association (MNESTA)
• JR Burke, Director of State Government Affairs, Polaris
• Matthew Laarsgard, President and CEO, Pioneer Equipment Dealers Association
• Steve McMahon, Field Service Manager, Cummins
Representative Stephenson renewed the motion that HF1337, as amended, be recommended to be referred to the Judiciary Finance and Civil Law Committee. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
The meeting was adjourned at 2:26 PM.
Representative Zack Stephenson, Chair
Jack Dockendorf, Committee Legislative Assistant