STATE OF MINNESOTA TWENTY SECOND MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-THIRD SESSION
COMMERCE FINANCE AND POLICY COMMITTEE MINUTES
Representative Zack Stephenson, Chair of the Commerce Finance and Policy Committee, called the meeting to order at 1:01 PM on March 27, 2023 in Room 10 of the State Office Building. It was broadcast via House Public Information Services.
STEPHENSON, Zack, Chair
KOTYZA-WITTHUHN, Carlie, Vice Chair
O’DRISCOLL, Tim, GOP Lead
NEU BRINDLEY, Anne
A quorum was present.
Vice Chair Kotyza-Witthuhn moved approval of the minutes from March 22, 2023. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
HF2680 (Stephenson); Department of Commerce biennial budget established; various insurance governing provisions modified; strengthen Minnesota homes program established; money transmitters regulated; energy, renewable energy, and utility regulation governing provisions established and modified; state competitiveness fund established; technical changes made; penalties established; administrative rulemaking authorized; reports required; and money appropriated.
An informational presentation of the HF2680A23 amendment.
The following presented the HF2680A23 amendment:
• Ashley Engh, House Fiscal
• Larie Pampuch, House Research
The following testified on the HF2680A23 amendment:
• Grace Arnold, Commissioner, Minnesota Department of Commerce
• Jason Pleggenkuhle, Assistant Minnesota Attorney General
• Robert Haider, Policy Director, TakeAction Minnesota
• Michelle Mack, Director of State Affairs, Pharmaceutical Care Management Association (PCMA)
• Sarah Psick, Lobbyist, CTIA Wireless Association
• Tony Kwilas, Director of Environmental Policy, Minnesota Chamber of Commerce
• Bentley Graves, Director of Health Care Policy, Minnesota Chamber of Commerce
• Buck Humphrey, Lobbyist, Minnesota Pharmacy Alliance
• Andrew O’Connor, Director of State Government Affairs, Entertainment Software Association (ESA)
• Beth Kadoun, Vice President of Tax and Fiscal Policy, Minnesota Chamber of Commerce
• Mary Jo George, Advocacy Director, AARP Minnesota
• JR Burke, Director of State Government Affairs, Polaris
• Joe Sellwood, Lobbyist, Association for Accessible Medicines
• Gary Wertish, President, Minnesota Farmers Union (MFU)
• Judy Cook, Lobbyist, TechNet
• Bill Strusinski, Lobbyist, Minnesota Petroleum Marketers
• Shep Harris, Lobbyist, Fair Repair Coalition
• Kaytlin Bemis, Public Policy Specialist, Minnesota Farm Bureau (MFB)
• Sue Abderholden, Executive Director, National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
• Dan Endreson, Director of Government Affairs, Minnesota Council of Health Plans (MCHP)
• Joel Carlson, Lobbyist, Minnesota Association for Justice (MAJ)
• Therese Kuvaas, Senior Government Relations Manager, Minnesota Bankers Association (MBA)
• Anne Leland Clarke, Executive Director, Exodus Lending
• Kyle Makarios, Lobbyist, Teamsters Joint Council 32
• Mark Hughes
The meeting was adjourned at 2:29 PM.
Representative Zack Stephenson, Chair
Jack Dockendorf, Committee Legislative Assistant