STATE OF MINNESOTA FIRST JOINT MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-THIRD SESSION
JOINT HEALTH FINANCE AND POLICY AND COMMERCE FINANCE AND POLICY
Representative Stephenson, Chair of the Commerce Committee, called the meeting to order at 1:01 P.M. on January 30, 2023 in Room 10 of the State Office Building.
The Committee Legislative Assistants noted the roll.
Health Finance and Policy Committee members present:
LIEBLING, Tina, Chair
BIERMAN, Robert, Vice-Chair
SCHOMACKER, Joe, Minority Lead
HER, Kaohly Vang
NEU BRINDLEY, Anne
Health Finance and Policy Committee members excused:
Commerce Finance and Policy Committee members present:
STEPHENSON, Zack, Chair
KOTYZA-WITTHUHN, Carlie, Vice Chair
O’DRISCOLL, Tim, Minority Lead
Commerce Finance and Policy Committee members excused:
Fairview/Sanford Merger Discussion
1. James Hereford, President and CEO, Fairview Health Services
2. Bill Gassen, President and CEO, Sanford Health
3. Dr. Jakub Tolar, Dean, University of Minnesota Medical School
4. Myron Frans, Senior Vice President, Finance and Operations, University of Minnesota
5. Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison
6. Kara Pratt, Registered Nurse, Minnesota Nurses Association
7. Sandie Anderson, Registered Nurse, Minnesota Nurses Association
8. Gene Sparks, Internal Organizer, SEIU Healthcare Minnesota
HFXXX (Bierman) – INFORMATIONAL ONLY Prohibiting health care entities from entering into certain transactions except with the review and approval of the commissioner of health.
Representative Bierman presented his bill.
1. Anne Schwagerl, Vice President, Minnesota Farmers Union
2. Allison Leopold, Medical Student, University of Minnesota
The meeting was adjourned at 2:49 P.M.
Representative Tina Liebling, Chair
Krysta Niedernhöfer, Committee Legislative Assistant