1. Judicial Branch overview and budget presentation.
2. HF 305 (Becker-Finn) Fee for uncertified copies of instruments from civil or criminal proceedings eliminated.
3. HF 1580 (Becker-Finn) Onetime market adjustment provided to district court law clerks' starting salary to align with competitive corridor, and money appropriated.
4. HF 93 (Pinto) Slavery or involuntary servitude prohibited as criminal punishment for crime, and constitutional amendment proposed.
5. HF 686 (Moller) Tracking device expanded use authorized during stolen vehicle investigations.
Committee discussion of all bills will be limited to the provisions within the jurisdiction of the Judiciary Finance and Civil Law Committee. Items may be taken up in any order, items may be added or removed at the Chairs' discretion.
HANDOUTS: Handouts in Word or PDF format should be emailed to the committee administrator by 10am the business day before the hearing. Submitted written testimony is public and will be included in the official committee record. It will be posted to the committee webpage if received by deadline.
TESTIFYING: The number of testifiers and length of time permitted is at the discretion of the chair, and is subject to change. If you would like to testify, please email the committee administrator by 5pm the business day before the hearing.
DOCUMENTS: Meeting documents may be found on the Judiciary Finance and Civil Law webpage.
ACCESSIBILITY: To learn more about requesting an accommodation, please visit the FAQs for Disability Access
. If you have further questions on accommodations or accessibility, please contact the Committee Administrator.