STATE OF MINNESOTA
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
EDUCATION FINANCE COMMITTEE MINUTES
Representative Cheryl Youakim, Chair of the Education Finance Committee, called the meeting to order at 10:33 AM on January 31st, 2023, in Room 120 of the Capitol Building.
The Committee Legislative Assistance noted the roll.
CLARDY, Mary Frances
PEREZ-VEGA María Isa
A quorum was present.
Representative Clardy moved that the January 26, 2023, minutes be adopted. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
HF 18 (Wolgamott) School districts special education services fully funded, and money appropriated.
Representative Clardy moved the HF 18 before the committee.
Representative Clardy moved the A1 amendment to H18. THE MOTION PREVAILED. THE AMENDEMENT IS ADOPTED.
Representative Wolgamott presented HF 18 as amended.
• Paul Ferrin, School Finance, Minnesota Department of Education
• Rochelle Cox, Superintendent, Minneapolis Public Schools
• Cathy Nathan, Parent, School Board Member
• Zach Dorholt, School Board Member, St. Cloud Area School
• John Morstad, Executive Director of Finance and Operations, Osseo Area Schools
• Maren Hulden, Legal Aid
Chair Youakim laid HF 18 as amended over for consideration in the Education Finance omnibus bill.
HF 21 (Vang) Full-service Community schools funding provided, and money appropriated.
Representative Pursell moved HF 21 before the committee.
Representative Vang presented HF 21.
• Deanna Hron, Deer River Full-Service Community Schools
• Rashidah Fuller, Full-Service Community School Coordinator, Excell Academy
• Liliana Garcia, Parent, Excell Academy
• Gabrielyn Vah, 7th Grader, Excell Academy
• Angel Smaller, Community Schools Site Coordinator, Brooklyn Center Middle and High School STEAM/Early College Education
• Demyko Fuller, Full Service School Site Coordinator, Brooklyn Center Elementary
• Nuhu Sims, Director of Equity, Brooklyn Community Schools
• Becky Stromstad, 3rd grade teacher, Saint Paul Public Schools
• Adosh Unni, Director of Government Relation, Minnesota Department of Education
Chair Youakim laid HF 21 over for consideration in the Education Finance omnibus bill.
The meeting was adjourned at 12:02 PM.
Representative Cheryl Youakim, Chair
Shamat Abraha, Committee Legislative Assistant