STATE OF MINNESOTA EIGHTEENTH MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-THIRD SESSION
EDUCATION POLICY COMMITTEE MINUTES
Representative Laurie Pryor, Chair of the Committee on Education Policy, called the meeting to order at 3:02 PM on March 8, 2023 in Room 120 of the Capitol.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
PRYOR, Laurie, Chair
HILL, Josiah, Vice Chair
BENNETT, Peggy, Republican Lead
A quorum was present.
Representative Lee, L. moved to approve the minutes from March 7, 2023. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
HF1269 (Pryor); Prekindergarten through grade 12 provisions modified including general education accountability and transparency, education excellence, American Indian education, charter schools, discipline, teachers, special education, and early learning; and reports required.
Chair Pryor advised committee members that the hearing would be dedicated to public testimony on HF1269 and the [insert coding from top right corner of the DE amendment].
Testimony on [please enter the correct coding from the top right corner of the DE amendment]:
• Willie Jett, Commissioner, Minnesota Department of Education
• Matt Shaver, Policy Director, EdAllies
• Melinda Loe, Parent, Excelsior, Minnesota
• Emma Crooks, Post Secondary Enrollment Options Student, University of Northwestern
• Mitchel Lowder, Post Secondary Enrollment Options Student, University of Northwestern
• Karin Miller, Educator, Dakota County
• Carrie Phelps, Parent, Maple Grove, Minnesota
• Beatrice Handlin, Student, University of Minnesota
• Roger Aronson, Lobbyist, Minnesota Association of Secondary School Principals & Minnesota Elementary School Principals Association
• Claire Luger, Special Education Teacher, White Bear Lake
• John Olsen, Retired Science Teacher
• Kate Lynne Snyder, Lobbyist, Education Minnesota
• Shep Harris, Senior Government Relations Specialist, Minnesota Association of Independent Schools
• Cyndy Milda, Public Education Program Coordinator, Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community
The meeting was adjourned at 4:17 pm.
Representative Laurie Pryor, Chair
Isabel Anderson, Committee Legislative Assistant