STATE OF MINNESOTA THIRTEENTH MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-THIRD SESSION
Representative Aisha Gomez, Chair of the Committee on Taxes, called the meeting to order at 1:02 PM on February 9, 2023 in Room 5 of the State Office Building.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
GOMEZ, Aisha, Chair
NORRIS, Matt, Vice Chair
DAVIDS, Greg, Minority Lead
A quorum was present.
HF1369 (Kotyza-Witthuhn) Individual income tax provisions modified, and temporary refundable young child credit established.
Chair Gomez moved that HF 1369 be laid over for possible inclusion in the Taxes Omnibus bill.
Representative Kotyza-Witthuhn presented HF1369.
Chair Gomez moved the HF1369A2 amendment. THE MOTION PREVAILED. THE AMENDMENT WAS ADOPTED.
Testifying on HF1369, as amended:
• Ryan Hamilton, Government Relations Associate, Minnesota Catholic Conference of Bishops
• Yen Fasano, Parent
• Vincent Ruiz-Ponce, Parent
• Heidi Flanagan, Parent
• Ryan Richardson, Parent
• Jessica Webster, Staff Attorney, Legal Aid
• Debra Fitzpatrick, Policy and Research Director, Children’s Defense Fund Minnesota
Representative Swedzinski moved the HF1369A3 amendment.
Representative Swedzinski requested a roll call on HF1369A3.
The clerk took the roll on HF1369A3:
There being 8 ayes,11 nays, and 2 members excused. THE MOTION DID NOT PREVAIL. THE AMENDMENT WAS NOT ADOPTED.
Chair Gomez renewed the motion that HF1369, as amended, be laid over for possible inclusion in the Taxes Omnibus bill. The bill was laid over.
Representative Brand moved the minutes of February 7, 2023. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
HF1400 (Lee) Individual income tax provisions modified, and eligibility for working family credit expanded.
Representative Lee moved that HF1400 be laid over for possible inclusion in the Taxes Omnibus bill.
Representative Lee moved the HF1400DE1 amendment. THE MOTION PREVAILED. THE AMENDMENT WAS ADOPTED.
Representative Lee presented HF1400, as amended.
Testifying on HF1400, as amended:
• Jon Klockziem, Assistant Commissioner, Minnesota Department of Revenue
• Nicauris Heredia Rosario, Legislative and Policy Director, Minnesota Council on Latino Affairs
• Mauricia Vidales, Unidos MN
• Veena Iyer, Executive Director, Immigrant Law Center of Minnesota
• Irma Marquez-Trapero, Executive Director, LatinoLEAD
• Nan Madden, Director, Minnesota Budget Project
Representative Lee renewed the motion for HF1400, as amended, to be laid over for possible inclusion in the Taxes Omnibus bill. The bill was laid over.
The meeting adjourned at 2:20 P.M.
Representative Aisha-Gomez, Chair
Lauren Sabes, Committee Legislative Assistant