STATE OF MINNESOTA SIXTEENTH MEETING
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES NINETY-THIRD SESSION
TRANSPORTATION FINANCE & POLICY COMMITTEE
Representative Frank Hornstein, Chair of the Transportation Finance and Policy Committee, called the meeting to order at 8:30 A.M., on March 2, 2023, in Room 120 of the State Capitol.
The Committee Legislative Assistant noted the roll.
HORNSTEIN, Frank, Chair
TABKE, Brad, Vice-Chair
PETERSBURG, John, Minority Lead
A quorum was present.
Representative Petersburg moved that the minutes of February 28, 2023, be adopted. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
HF2045 (Tabke) Transit enforcement governing requirements amended, transit service intervention project established, working group established, and money appropriated.
Chair Hornstein moved that HF2045 be laid over.
Representative Tabke moved the A1 amendment to HF2045. THE MOTION PREVAILED. THE AMENDMENT WAS ADOPTED.
Representative Tabke presented HF2045, as amended.
Testifiers on HF2045:
• Aidan Kilgannon, Transit Rider
• Eva Johnson, Transit Rider
• Carlie Zelle, Chair, Metropolitan Council
• Mitch Kilian, VP of Government Affairs Metropolitan Airports Commission
• Rena Moran, Commissioner, Ramsey County Board of Commissioners
• Jeff Lunde, Commissioner, Hennepin County Board of Commissioners
• David Peterson, Transit Rider
• Brooke Blakey, Director, St. Paul Office of Neighborhood Safety
• Grace Bassekle, Student and Community Organizer
• Amethyst O’Connell, Student and Transit Rider
• Sean Lim, Program Director, Minnesota Youth Collective
• Jenny Huang, Teacher and Transit Rider
• Abdinasir Nourkadi, Organizer, MoveMN
• Ryan Timlin, President, Amalgamated Transit Union Local 1005
Representative Petersburg moved the A2 amendment to HF2045. THE MOTION DID NOT PREVAIL.
Chair Hornstein moved that HF2045, as amended, be laid over. The bill was laid over.
HF1275 (Kraft) Excavation notice reporting required, and pipeline safety violation civil penalties tied to federal law.
Chair Hornstein moved that HF1275 be referred to the Judiciary Finance and Civil Law Committee.
Representative Kraft moved the A2 amendment to HF1275. THE MOTION PREVAILED. THE AMENDMENT WAS ADOPTED.
Representative Kraft presented HF1275, as amended.
Testifiers on HF1275:
• Jon Wolfgram, Deputy Director of the Office of Pipeline Safety
• Tony Mendoza, Outside Counsel, Minnesota Cable Association
• Tom Hanson, Lobbyist, Minnesota Telecom Alliance
• Sarah Psick, Lobbyist, Associated General Contractors of Minnesota
• Ben Wallace, Regional Director, USIC Locating Services
Representative Hudella moved the A1 amendment to HF1275. Representative Hudella withdrew the A1 amendment to HF1275.
Chair Hornstein renewed the motion that HF1275, as amended, be rereferred to the Judiciary Finance and Civil Law Committee. THE MOTION PREVAILED.
Chair Hornstein adjourned the meeting at 10:05 AM.
Representative Frank Hornstein, Chair
Kevin Petrie, Committee Legislative Assistant