Skip to main content Skip to office menu Skip to footer
Capital IconMinnesota Legislature

Legislative News and Views - Rep. Ron Kresha (R)

Back to profile

RELEASE: Rep. Ron Kresha Statement on Disaster Relief

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Little Falls, MN—On Tuesday, August 30th, Governor Mark Dayton announced the authorization of more than $5 million in disaster assistance funding from the State Disaster Assistance Contingency Account for several counties impacted by storms that took place July 9-11. Morrison is among the counties that will be reimbursed for public infrastructure repairs, clean-up costs, and other storm-related damage. According to the Governor's office, the state will reimburse 75 percent of eligible costs with local governments responsible for the remaining 25 percent.

"I’m thankful to see the state provide needed disaster relief for the affected areas after the July storms,” said Rep. Ron Kresha, R-Little Falls. “Many Minnesota counties were impacted by the storm, and these funds will help to get them back on their feet.”