ST. PAUL – Rep. Erin Koegel (DFL-Spring Lake Park) has received the Legislator of Distinction award for 2023. Each year the League of Minnesota Cities identifies and awards legislators for work that has positively impacted Minnesota cities. Specifically, the Legislator of Distinction Award goes to legislators that have met one or more of the following criteria:
- The legislator is generally and reasonably accessible.
- The legislator seeks input on issues of importance to cities.
- The legislator listens to League concerns and is receptive to the League providing information on issues.
- The legislator sponsors and/or supports League initiatives.
- The legislator speaks out on behalf of the interest of cities.
- The legislator demonstrates the importance of partnership between the state and cities.
Rep. Koegel issued the following statement:
“I am honored to have received this award from the League of Minnesota Cities, and thank them for their advocacy. I feel deeply that we are a stronger, better Minnesota when every community is interconnected. As Chair of the Sustainable Infrastructure Committee, that has been a priority of mine.
I look forward to continuing working with cities and members across Minnesota to ensure a more sustainable future.”