It was an honor be sworn-in as your representative this week at the beginning of the 2021 legislative session. This session will be unlike any other, with remote voting and a reduced number of representatives on the House floor, but rest assured I am going to work tirelessly to make sure your voice is heard in St. Paul.
My work on the Early Childhood Finance & Policy Committee, the Preventative Health Policy Division, and the Climate and Energy Finance & Policy Committee will keep me very busy these first few months of session. I will make sure to keep you posted on all the happenings at the Capitol.
Gov. Walz Loosens COVID-19 Restrictions
Gov. Walz announced on Wednesday that he will be loosening restrictions on businesses and events. Starting Monday, January 11 at midnight, the following guidelines will take effect:
• Restaurants are allowed to reopen at 50% capacity with a max of 150. Groups can include no more than six people, and tables must be spaced six feet apart. Bar service is allowed to resume to customers in groups of two. Restrictions on dining between 10PM and 4AM remain in place.
• Gyms remain capped at 25%, maximum capacity raised to 150, and classes can be increased to 25 people with distancing.
• Outdoor events and entertainment capacity remains at 25% with the maximum capacity raised to 250.
• Indoor entertainment and events (bowling alleys, movie theaters, museums, etc.) may open at 25% with a cap of 150.
• Youth and adult sports games may resume January 14 with spectators subject to the same indoor entertainment restrictions.
• Pools are open at 25% capacity.
• Wedding receptions and other "private parties" may resume with limits. If food and drink is served there is a limit of two households or 10 people indoors and 3 households/15 people outdoors. If there is no food/drink, they are covered by the event/entertainment restrictions.
• Churches remain open at 50% but the overall capacity limit has been lifted so there is no maximum.
Thank you to all those who have reached out with their concerns about the COVID guidelines. Rest assured, I am working tirelessly for you to make sure we get back to normal as quickly, and as safely, as possible.
Please Contact Me
If you ever have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding any issue related to state government, please feel free to contact me at either 651-296-3201 or email@example.com. I would love to hear from you.
It’s an honor to represent the best!